What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glory Glory to South Sydney!

Red Bear

Referee
You guys beat Melbourne!!!!!!Well done. Hopefully this is the start of something new for the pride of the league.

gaterooze

Bench
Biggest upset & most impressive comeback of the season.

Bloody awesome.

Done yourselves proud, Bunnies.

AND you've done better so far this year than 2003 *already*.

grouch

First Grade
Tillott's second try is the try of the season so far IMO. Superb hands from several players, great evasion from Hookey and Manu, just a sparkling try.

MAFIA

Juniors
OK 1st up well done bunnies good win ,however i have 2 questions for all you sooo
called supporters of the pride of the league, when are you going to start supporting your club,that crowd last night was pathetic and all you supporters should be ashamed,you had 50 odd thousand march the streets for your survival now that you survived and have a team to support you don't go to the games(except for the real diehard bunnies supporters) pleaseee so come on support your side if they win lose or draw,don't stay in the closet.
Q2, how come all of a sudden the players that you have have found a heart, with the exception of 2 or 3 players the rest need to have a good look at themselves. now i know langmack was 1/2 the trouble but lets get serious here those players need to be punted at the end of the season or they should have been shown the door with langmack because it was obvious they were not putting in 100% when he was the coach,langmack can only be blamed for a certain amount of the crap that went on, the players also have to take responsibility also for the way they playedwhen he was in charge. i wish you luck for the rest of the season, just get out there and support them,for christ sake.

i'm a western suburbs supporter my side got killed you have shown as supporters that you love your club......... now you have to show it, because if you don't souths will end up like my magpies............... dead and buried......................................

I'M MAFIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
bluemazda said:
kitinas should be the new coach the club should offer him a 1 or 2 year deal ?see how he goes ?

yeah just like they did with langmack after one game....good on ya bud :roll:

viva_la_bam

Juniors
MAFIA said:
OK 1st up well done bunnies good win ,however i have 2 questions for all you sooo
called supporters of the pride of the league, when are you going to start supporting your club,that crowd last night was pathetic and all you supporters should be ashamed,you had 50 odd thousand march the streets for your survival now that you survived and have a team to support you don't go to the games(except for the real diehard bunnies supporters) pleaseee so come on support your side if they win lose or draw,don't stay in the closet.

correction, no not all supporters, the souths bandwagoners are pathetic. as i have said i am a season ticket holder and last night missed my first game at him since our reinstatement due to the flu/cold from hell hence why i have been posting.....

apart from the on/off field performances, there are reasons as marketing at souths have found that contribute to the poor home crowds which is brought upon 10 fold when we lose. again, as i have said, this is sadly human nature in backing the winner. results in marketing show 2 glaring concerns:

1. souths supporters are definately working class, the pricing of a night out or arvo at the game cuts into the tight family budget. and.....
2. demographic. alot of us souths fans spread far and wide, not just in redfern or the city as some gullable intellects believe. alot of the 50,000 travelled from far and wide for the cause, unfortunately, they do not see the need to venture to the sfs for home games. i am sure they have their reasons, i am sure money, travel, the on/off field dramas influence their decision.

whilst it sounds good blowing the trumpet about the souths crowds, the same can be said for alot of teams in the nrl. look at melbourne, a one team state get an average of 6500 or something. canberra crowds can be healthy but shouldn't there be more with a one team city ?

either way souths will be souths and when the move to the coast is sounded by richardson in the coming future the tribe will be back claiming that is 'unfair' and bs of that nature. i travel to the sfs on home games with 30 or more souths diehards as you label us with minimum fuss, with alot of other souths fans up here not prepared to do the same, the move to the coast will be a move that will see crowds increase and only inner city souths fans will have themselves to blame.

Bib

Juniors
well done guys, great to see you dont just beat my tigers every year, a great night for you guys and the league, crowd was dissapointing though

The Godfather

Juniors
Souths fans would have given anything to go to a game in 2001-2002, regardless of how their team was going.

Don't take it for granted.

HBG

Juniors
The Godfather said:
Souths fans would have given anything to go to a game in 2001-2002, regardless of how their team was going.

Don't take it for granted.

Don 't you mean 2000-2001?
:)

miccle

Bench
Well done souths! I love seeing the red and greens get up, and it's TOPS to see them with a few points under the belt and sitting in 13th position. However, now I'm REALLY worried about the game against you guys at Suncorp. It's just before origin 3 so we'll have Lockyer, Tate, Webcke, Civo and the rest missing... and I don't think we will win it now!

Latest posts