What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ahead!...ask us anything!

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Figure this out.
I've been reading the discussions at WORL for months now after finding out about it off you guys,right? Well I just headed over there again to look at some posts, and when I click onto their link, I get this message -
<table cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td valign=bottom>World of Rugby League</td> <td valign=bottom align=right></td></tr> <tr> <td>worldofrugbyleague@groups.msn.com </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class=ThmBgHighlightLight cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td colspan=5></td></tr> <tr valign=top> <td></td> <td valign=top width=150>
UR_restricted.gif
<td></td> <td valign=top> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td colspan=2>You are Restricted from This Area </td></tr> <tr> <td colspan=2>
c.gif
</td></tr> <tr> <td width=320>You have been restricted from accessing this area by this group's manager or by Microsoft. </td> <td></td></tr> <tr> <td colspan=2>
c.gif
</td></tr> <tr> <td align=middle width=320> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap>
bbl_ylw.gif
</td> <td nowrap background=http://sc.communities.msn.com/themes/pby/img/cmd/bbm_ylw.gif><a target=_top title="">Back</a></td> <td nowrap>
bbr_ylw.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table></td> <td></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>I can't get into their boards! :mad:
How the Fugg does that happen? Don't you have to be a member of a community to be given the boot? How on earth can I be banned when I've NEVER been a member there? FMD!
What can I do?
emcry.gif

V

Vertigo

That certainly is interesting, Outlaw.
If, like you say (and I'm not doubting you), you have never been a member of WORL (or the Dragons forum as I now refer to it), then there is no reason for you to be banned/unable to access the boards. I don't understand it also.
Try logging out of your Hotmail account and then accessing it. Does this work?Obviously your Hotmail access has been restricted by the moderators. Can't tell you why though.
V.

O

ozbash

if you are signed in to LWOS and then click the WORL link, you will get punted.
you must have been banned at some stage.
dont worry, there are thousands of us banned from the WORL,,:p
its a matty thing.

sign out before you go visiting, thats all i do.
if you want to post,sign up for a new msn passport,msn cant ban thru ip addys.

there is a way of getting into the grandstand forum as well if you are banned :D

V

Vertigo

Why would this be so -
My partner can log onto the AOL web page from either one of our home computers without a problem. She punches in her username and password but the "cannot display this page" error icon comes up. Yet when she goes to work and tries from either one of the PC's there, there is not problem; she can get into her emailpage in a heartbeat. We have also tried this from a neighbours PC as well as the public library's one and have no problem accessing her emails with either one. This has been happening for three days/nights straight now.
Is this in my security settings or general settings somewhere? We have no problem accessing any URL or email through other servers like MSN and Hotmail, whatsoever.
Why is this? Can anyone offer suggestions please?
V.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Outlaw, just checked. There's no-one banned there by that nic. Could you have signed in under another one?
No mate! No way! You haven't found the name Outlaw under your banned list because I have NEVER been a member there. Honest mate!
ButI'll tell you one thing TonyP, either yourself or someone other has seen this and unbanned my hotmail account because I just went over there and walked right in. I don't know what happened then and now, but all's sweet.
So thanks to whoever/whatever was responsible for the fix up.
embeer.gif

TonyP, do you guys have a list of banned hotmailpassport's at WORL? Because I can post my hotmail account here and you can check the banned list. You'll seeI wasn't BS'ing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It sounds like Outlaw was directed to the wrong page by a dodgy link or glitch. Sometimes browsers and/or servers generate the wrong information.

Most likely just an internet thing and nothing personally directed at anyone in particular.

That certainly is an interesting situation where a person {on this ocassion merely an observer} has had his email address banned from a communitywithout even being a member ofthat particularcommunity.
You must remember something with MSN comunities; ie:because they provide such a diverse selection of communities covering a broad range of topics {to tens and hundredsof thousands of people-conservatively put}, glitches are prone to happen; and they often do. I agree with the earlier post that it was more than likely ancyber hiccup rather than a personal vendetta.
Of course, I'm speculating.

Outlaw, perhaps someone used your email address to become a member there purely to stir up trouble or as Trojan says it's a glich. I can't sign in here with my original email even though I removed it from membership. It tells me that email is in use by a member of this community already.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"...or as Trojan says it's a glich..."
lol he did too?
Welcome aboard Trojan. Good to see the glitchesare in the majority. ;)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Outlaw, if you makes you feel any better, I got this message tonight:

fetch.dll

That was while trying look at my own profile on LWOS... managers are not immune to eccentricities of Nine Msn either. As you can see, I'm still here.

imported_JoeD

Juniors
Does anyone now of any good (and preferably free) software for compressing jpeg files. Currently I am taking photos with a digital camera and on high resolution the photos are about 700kb, way too big to email. Up till now I've been using photoshop to alter the pixel size of the photos to make them smaller, however this is quite time consuming, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

O

ozbash

joe, did you get any software with your camera ?
can you change the settings for your photo size on yr camera?

imported_JoeD

Juniors
Thanks for the replys guys, :) I haven't tried any yet but I sure will today. OB, I prefer to take the photos in as a high a resolution as possible and then I have the option of compressing them.