What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go newcastle!!!!!!!!11

Spike

First Grade
:lol: :lol: :D haha i'm so hapy nd drunk . i love my footy team, johns after the bel to winm 32-30. the knights lknpw hoew to play football :D :D . i'm going to egt a beer 8)

Anonymous

Juniors
Well when you sober up... watch the game again. It was delivered to you.

Newcastle were not the best team on the paddock tonight. Take out their 8 minutes of glory and the lucky try handed by the touch judge and all of sudden you were on the recieving end of a hammering.
No wonder your coach was beaming... he knows that Hunter Street dodged a bullet.

Take satisfaction from this result and your season is over.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Willow said:

Newcastle were not the best team on the paddock tonight. Take out their 8 minutes of glory and the lucky try handed by the touch judge and all of sudden you were on the recieving end of a hammering.
No wonder your coach was beaming... he knows that Hunter Street dodged a bullet.

Jesus, I thought St-Illa got their fair share of calls from the ref and it evened out.

How many tries were scored down Blacklock's wing :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Willow said:
So now you're defending Newcastle? Wow... never would have thought it. Must be a full moon.

No, I just don't agree with your summary of the refs. Bad calls went both ways.

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
Willow said:
So now you're defending Newcastle? Wow... never would have thought it. Must be a full moon.

No, I just don't agree with your summary of the refs. Bad calls went both ways.

I saw the bad calls that went Saints way as well... I wasn't giving a summary of the ref at all.

I'm not prepared to be dragged into 'ref robbed us' blue. Suffice to say if we had of won, I would have started a new thread about 'beating the ref and winning game'. But we didnt win so thems the breaks.

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:

Blacklock had to defend against 2 or 3 players all night. Blame him if you like but he had very little support from his inside men.

Another reason to get pissed-off with Ch 9 is that they ran a half time package on breaks being made on Blacklock's flank. They failed to show the other times when he came across in cover for the centres who fell off more than a few tackles.

If you want to believe Ch 9's intepretation of the match then you may as well go with their view that it was glorious victory to Andrew Johns.

Spike

First Grade
Willow said:

It really suprises me that someone who comes across as fairly intelligent can come out with something so ridiculous

If St George were the best team on the paddock then they would of shut out the Knights when they had the chance. Instead they become complacent with a 12 point margin and allow the Knights to score 3 tries in 8 minutes by exposing St George's right side defence. The best team on the paddock means sweet f*ck all if the team can't get its arse over the finish line in front.

Ask any true rugby league supporter, in any one game you can have calls go for or against your team but it's one of the inconsistencies that you have to accept with the game. If you can't accept it then maybe tennis or something is a sport better suited to you.

I'll take satisfaction out of any win my team achieves, its called support. I'll also take my team losing like a man.

As far as the commentators go I couldn't agree more. They're completely biased towards Newcastle and Johns.

midas

Juniors
A great game of footy.Well,maybe not great but terrific entertainment after Wednesday night,s game which was genuinely great.
Both teams won it and lost it several times,both capitalised on the others mistakes,both suffered equally at the hands of the ref but nothing which influenced the outcome.
In the end the cream rose to the top as it always does and Johns got Newcastle home as acknowledged by Brown.
Don,t know why Ryles attracts all the media attention,I thought Bailey was magnificent again-if they were both on the market I,d be phoning Bailey first.
Great to see uou,re still as gracious in defeat as always,Willow.

kaon

Juniors
A great game of footy. If the Dragons were good enough, they would have won but they're not.

Anonymous

Juniors
Bailey said:
Willow said:

It really suprises me that someone who comes across as fairly intelligent can come out with something so ridiculous

If St George were the best team on the paddock then they would of shut out the Knights when they had the chance. Instead they become complacent with a 12 point margin and allow the Knights to score 3 tries in 8 minutes by exposing St George's right side defence. The best team on the paddock means sweet f*ck all if the team can't get its arse over the finish line in front.

Ask any true rugby league supporter, in any one game you can have calls go for or against your team but it's one of the inconsistencies that you have to accept with the game. If you can't accept it then maybe tennis or something is a sport better suited to you.

I'll take satisfaction out of any win my team achieves, its called support. I'll also take my team losing like a man.

As far as the commentators go I couldn't agree more. They're completely biased towards Newcastle and Johns.

Oh spare me the 'I take it like a man' bullshit. We'll see how that pans out the next time Newcastle go down.

It's also interesting that you seem to also have tabs on what is a true Rugby League supporter... LMFAO. They cheered me up, thanks.

In any case, I don't blame the ref... thats your spin on things - I take it as a loss ('thems the breaks'). But take that out your 8 minutes and the lucky touch judge call and all of a sudden there's not much else to cheer about. It's unfortunate that you didn't enjoy getting a less than complimentary reply but don't write-off criticisms as merely being 'ridiculous and unintelligent'... you're not the only one with a view on the match.

~bedsy~

First Grade
midas said:
Both teams won it and lost it several times,both capitalised on the others mistakes,both suffered equally at the hands of the ref but nothing which influenced the outcome.
In the end the cream rose to the top as it always does and Johns got Newcastle home as acknowledged by Brown.
Yes the bad calls went both ways, don't worry about the fact that St Goerge were never on side... a few times they did cause we were going off at the ref, so they snapped up. Buderus got that ball down too.
Newcastle rose to that win, that's that. They normally drop off if there losing, but they didn't. It was a great game, and I was glad that I went.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Willow said:
El Duque said:

Blacklock had to defend against 2 or 3 players all night. Blame him if you like but he had very little support from his inside men.

Another reason to get pissed-off with Ch 9 is that they ran a half time package on breaks being made on Blacklock's flank. They failed to show the other times when he came across in cover for the centres who fell off more than a few tackles.

Why wouldn't they show the breaks? It's not their fault they were all down his side.

As for this covering the centres, I must of missed it. He only made 5 tackles the whole game.

Had Gidley put in a performance like Blacklock would you be defending him?

Anonymous

Juniors
I thought Blacklock got around MacDougall easily in the first half but in the second half it came back at him. It wasnt a balanced report thats all. He was often confronted with the job of being out-numbered and I think the inside blokes have a lot to answer for in that department.

roopy

Referee
bedsy said:
midas said:
Yes the bad calls went both ways................ It was a great game, and I was glad that I went.
I'm glad that I went too. I think it was the best atmosphere at the end of a game I can remember.
The Knights played below their best, but there was a feeling all game that the Dragons weren't out of range if we could ever find second gear. The boys really coming home strong was a great sign that they are starting to get a bit of form, despite the tired 'after origin' display they put on.
The Dragons, as usual, have some great players coming through. Firman is something special.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Yeah I thought Buderus was out when they didn't call his name at hooker, then I saw he was on the bench so that was great to see them backing up and doing so well.