What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go the Knights

Old Timer

Coach
Having a strong Knights outfit is a good thing and I wish them well.
Storm is just a team of hired guns and is basically the Roosters of the south.
They will be propped up and will cheat the system where they can because if they don't they will fall by the wayside very quickly.
3 years of bottom 4 finishes would see their light diminish very quickly.
I still believe the best comp is served by team that have strong junior competitions and if the Storm are too remain they should be forced to comply with that requirement instead of being allowed top poach from other teams nurseries.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I was watching the 2003 match between the Broncos and Dragons up there at Suncorp Stadium , which we won 26-24 thanks to an outstanding goal by Mark 'Piggy' Riddell in the final moments of the match . The absolute spirit and self belief that the players had in themselves was unbelievable - that is what Nathan Brown put into the team .

Yes the Dragons were full of very good footy players in the early 2000's , but that night we were without a few of our shining lights . Still , we went up to the Broncos 'neck of the woods' and showed the mongrels what team spirit was all about - ever so proud to be a Dragon fan that night .

I believe that Brown's time in the E.S.L. has taught him quite a bit and that will be evident this season . More so now with one NRL season under his belt , plus a very good line up of quality players to mix with his younger blokes , they will finish much higher on the ladder than some may expect .

Who knows , we may even meet the beggars come semi time ?

Fair comment there, G67.
I sincerely hope Brown does get a good season under him this year.

I guess my main concern with Brown returning to the club as a coach is more about giving a job to an old boy rather than being warranted as a decent coach.

After McIdiot, The Chinless One, Farrar, etc...... l just want a coach that has earned the right to coach our great team.

possm

Coach
Having a strong Knights outfit is a good thing and I wish them well.
Storm is just a team of hired guns and is basically the Roosters of the south.
They will be propped up and will cheat the system where they can because if they don't they will fall by the wayside very quickly.
3 years of bottom 4 finishes would see their light diminish very quickly.
I still believe the best comp is served by team that have strong junior competitions and if the Storm are too remain they should be forced to comply with that requirement instead of being allowed top poach from other teams nurseries.
Your right! And I would add that the NRL wanted to bring Rugby League to Victoria by setting up a team in Melbourne with all the benefits of having News Limited ownership. Even with all that advantage the Storm were proved to be cheats even thoughthey were able to TPA their way to substantially increase their ablity to sign top players under the salary cap.

Surely the whole idea when setting up a new NRL Club is to establish a following and a junior league to support that Club. I'd say in this area, the Storm have failed miserably.

Gareth67

First Grade
Fair comment there, G67.
I sincerely hope Brown does get a good season under him this year.

I guess my main concern with Brown returning to the club as a coach is more about giving a job to an old boy rather than being warranted as a decent coach.

After McIdiot, The Chinless One, Farrar, etc...... l just want a coach that has earned the right to coach our great team.

Sorry I have taken so long to reply OKB 1 , but I have been busy painting the outside Throne Room and putting some snake-proof fencing around it . (the last thing I want is to be bitten by one of those little beggars ! Lord knows what effect I would have on the snake ?)

Yes , I certainly can see your concern after walking through the house of horrors that you mentioned. But there's no way Mr. Brown will come anywhere near the Dragons whilst the present baboons who run the place are there , no chance .

However I do hope that the circumstances change in that regard in the not too distant future, as I would , like others welcome him back . Imagine , new management and new coach with a wealthy benefactor with money to spend .

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yes, yes, yes but Brown had for a few years one of the top rosters in the competiting and still could not win a GF.

You post fails to acknowledge Saints were screwed over royally by Tim Mander and Steve Clark in 2005/06.

Definitely NOT Brown's fault.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The NRL favouring, advocating and positively promoting ex Super League teams over old ARL clubs?

NEVER!

Oh look, a porcine with wings has just flown past my window.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Sorry I have taken so long to reply OKB 1 , but I have been busy painting the outside Throne Room and putting some snake-proof fencing around it . (the last thing I want is to be bitten by one of those little beggars ! Lord knows what effect it would have on the snake ?)

G67, watch out for those snakes, they are deadly.

I can still remember all those years ago when my lovely ‘cheese & kisses’ fell victim to a nasty trouser snake.

It was our second year of marriage and the swelling after around 9 months was extreme.

Anyway, all was good when our first daughter arrived but it was dangerous for awhile. Another daughter and son followed.

After 36 years of marital bliss, it’s quite funny how there are no snakes ever present nowadays.

Gareth67

First Grade
G67, watch out for those snakes, they are deadly.

I can still remember all those years ago when my lovely ‘cheese & kisses’ fell victim to a nasty trouser snake.

It was our second year of marriage and the swelling after around 9 months was extreme.

Anyway, all was good when our first daughter arrived but it was dangerous for awhile. Another daughter and son followed.

After 36 years of marital bliss, it’s quite funny how there are no snakes ever present nowadays.

36 years and still going strong . Well done OKB 1 , I am sure that your journey together will go all the way .