What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God's Own

Moffo

Referee
f**k me! That was the best race I have ever seen. Got flattened twice and still won, f**k me dead!

Moffo

Referee
and old bart would love it, the cups king

r6bartcummings.jpg
r6bartcummings.jpg
r6bartcummings.jpg

Macca_

Coach
Great win, but not getting caried away... Paratroopers was supposed to not handle a damp track and it nearly won. The Melbourne 3 year olds had nothing. I'm not so sure it will be a good form race. Definately a cups horse at 4 or 5. Interesting to see how it goes in the Cox Plate. Going to be a HUGE class rise.

Moffo

Referee
but what a run. got buffeted twice in a big way and still won. It was genuinely quicker than that other one that it ran past

Savabeel won at a 3 year old in the Cox's Plate

I thought paratroopers was home for all money worth but God's own was brillant. God's Own run was one of the best runs I have seen

Moffo

Referee
savabeel has unfortunately done nothing since. Looked like a world beater last year though!

The light weights love the cox plate. Watch out for Gods Own, it'll be close to the winner

Macca_

Coach
He won't. The 3 year old to back is Hotel Grand who will be sitting up on the pace.

The last 600m sectionals were slow as in the guineas. They went hard early which obviously makes it easy to rattle home. Paratroopers is supposed to be a duffer in the wet and nearly won, also may have not got a strong 1600m with the speed on. A few things flattered God's Own for mine. Great run yes, but not as sure as some people about exactly how good it was.

If he settles back in the Plate like he will, and is anywhere near Makybe Diva he is not going to beat her home. Even at the weights. He is still learning, will be a top class horse, but at this stage... I'm happy to back the seasoned pros this year.

Nuffs

Bench
agree totally macca!!

i said in the other thread that the 600m sectional was slow. although the overall time was quicker than the toorak. but i'm still happy to risk god's own in the plate. and i've backed hotel grand in a couple of doubles on the weekend for the plate

the diva will beat god's own. and hotel grand, and xcellent. and every other horse in the plate

edit: i should say that my hotel grand doubles are to cover my diva bets in case the track doesn't suit the swoopers

Macca_

Coach
I got a fair bit on MD at 5/1 for the Plate :D

A number of tickets with MD at 5/1 into Vouvray for the Cup at 15's aswell...

C'mon :D

Macca_

Coach
Nuffs said:
edit: i should say that my hotel grand doubles are to cover my diva bets in case the track doesn't suit the swoopers
Just on that, I don't think it matters if swoopers are favoured or not with this mare :D

Nuffs

Bench
Macca_ said:
I got a fair bit on MD at 5/1 for the Plate :D

A number of tickets with MD at 5/1 into Vouvray for the Cup at 15's aswell...

C'mon :D

i've got hotel grand - vouvray double at 225/1
and hotel grand - wild iris double at 500/1

i'm really liking vouvray in the cup. would have gone close last year but saved to run this year. great decision????

Macca_

Coach
Mate, you're SO on the same page as me.

Last year I had a motza riding on MD in the Cup and got real worried after that run of Vouvrays in the Cauflied Cup. Was pleased she didn't run and said, next year, that's my horse :D

Got on very early. And her prep has been so much like MD's last year. She is ticking over perfectly. I expect her to rattle home in the CC and would not be surprised if she won actually... As long as she's finishes strong, I'm more than happy to be on for the MC.

And to answer the question. Yes, right decision. They thought she was a bit immature last year and put her away for this year. In the autumn I recall Beadman (think it was) saying after one of the races in Sydney, that he'd like to be on her in the Spring.

Nice double the HG - Vou one mate.

I got the Makybe Diva (plate) - Vouvray (MC) double at 75/1. Had a few goes at it though :D

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Yeah, what a great run by Gods' own...Little Disappointed though If paratroopers held on i had the tri and first 4...One very bitter punter here...

Moffo

Referee
Nuffs said:
agree totally macca!!

i said in the other thread that the 600m sectional was slow. although the overall time was quicker than the toorak. but i'm still happy to risk god's own in the plate. and i've backed hotel grand in a couple of doubles on the weekend for the plate

the diva will beat god's own. and hotel grand, and xcellent. and every other horse in the plate

Nuffs Nuffs Nuffs

You sound like Dick Freedman!

It was an amazing run. If he had a decent crack at them without the interference it would've won by 5 lengths at least.

Dismiss it at your own peril

MD is a champ but it is not home and hosed in the Cox. It should be a cracker of a race

Moffo

Referee
Tim Brasher said:
Yeah, what a great run by Gods' own...Little Disappointed though If paratroopers held on i had the tri and first 4...One very bitter punter here...

Don't worry about that mate, you can't be a serious punter unless you get bitter every now and then!

I went close to the quaddie...I had FOO, Gods Own, Barely A Moment and Aqua D'Amore (2nd, 1st, 1st, 2nd)

Always next week!

Tim Brasher

Juniors
If the three year old form holds up(sydney domination), Mnenosyne should win the guineas. There are a few other Sydney horses with chances including Carry on Cutie, Beauty Watch, Sydney Owner and Mary Marvel (Big Oaks Chance). Best of the locals imo would be Rewaaya, Doubting and Serenade Rose. Looks like ill be having a few Standout Tris and first 4's

Nuffs

Bench
the more times i've watched the replay, the more i think that it was a great win but it might not be a good form race. i don't want to take anything away from the win, i just think it has no chance in the cox

and on a side note, how good is the form from the golden rose!!!!! it has to be given group status. dare i say even group 2 for a few years and then maybe group 1. the ONLY 3 golden rose races have produced the guineas winners, cox plate winner etc. and these horses have come 3rd, 4th and 3rd for memory in the rose