What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Bears/Nth Sydney/Gosford

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I like it! Mythical, just like the Gold Coast Supporter base....

How about the Gold Coast Merman's

merman_in_blue_by_daekazu-d8gpf3v.jpg

I was thinking something more like this:

kraken-019.jpg

But whatever floats your boat........

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Norths Leagues Club, basically walked away from top tier RL for much less than $7M ... about 15 years ago..

Can't see them stumping $7M now..

Incorrect

Coach
I was thinking something more like this:

kraken-019.jpg

But whatever floats your boat........

That would blow their mascot budget out of the water!

The Merman is the way to go.... Guarantee Jarryd Hayne would wear that emblem with pride...

T-Boon

Coach
The Bears are like some man who caught his wife in bed with his best friend and then he is trying to win her affection back even though she just just told him he has a small dick and is crap in bed and that she has been cheating on him with his brother as well. Like "if I just get a new job and work on my abs she will take me back".

Man up Bears. Tell the NRL where to go including their ugly sister reserve grade league and go start your own shiny new league with all the hot, tight young clubs (Redcliffe, Newtown, Ipswich, Crushers etc).

B-League...(Bear League).

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
The Bears are like some pathetic man who caught his wife in bed with his best friend and then he is trying to pathetically win her affection back even though she just just told him he has a small dick and is crap in bed and that she has been cheating on him with his brother as well. Like "if I just get a new job and work on my abs she will take me back".
Man up Bears, you are pathetic. Tell the NRL where to go including their ugly sister reserve grade league and go start your own shiny new league with all the hot, tight young clubs (Redcliffe, Newtown, Ipswich, Crushers etc).
Well call me North Sydney Bears!!!

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
The Bears are like some pathetic man who caught his wife in bed with his best friend and then he is trying to pathetically win her affection back even though she just just told him he has a small dick and is crap in bed and that she has been cheating on him with his brother as well. Like "if I just get a new job and work on my abs she will take me back".
Man up Bears, you are pathetic. Tell the NRL where to go including their ugly sister reserve grade league and go start your own shiny new league with all the hot, tight young clubs (Redcliffe, Newtown, Ipswich, Crushers etc).

You're a f**king idiot.

carcharias

Immortal
Titans is a shit name
So unoriginal...like most of the nrl teams.
UnAustralian too.
Why do they feel the need to copy the seppos?
Titans
Raiders
Broncos
Cowboys

Incorrect

Coach
Titans is a shit name
So unoriginal...like most of the nrl teams.
UnAustralian too.
Why do they feel the need to copy the seppos?
Titans
Raiders
Broncos
Cowboys

Agree.

If they don't go with Gold Coast Merman's they need to go for something synonymous with the Gold Coast...

The Gold Coast Schoolies - mascot is a pool of vomit
The Gold Coast Retirees - mascot could come down the tunnel on a mobility scooter and then get lost driving around the ground because the mascot has dementia

T-Boon

Coach
Agree.

If they don't go with Gold Coast Merman's they need to go for something synonymous with the Gold Coast...

The Gold Coast Schoolies - mascot is a pool of vomit
The Gold Coast Retirees - mascot could come down the tunnel on a mobility scooter and then get lost driving around the ground because the mascot has dementia

Gold Coast Bikies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
If the Bears make a bid then good on them if they have the capital and prove they can be sustainable.

But I do not agree with any home games in Sydney or Nsw for that matter. It should be a full relocation of the brand or not at all, the away games they play in Sydney should be enough to service old bears fans going to games. Maybe the likes of the roosters would host them at Gosford but putting them there as the home team for 2 games would be a slap in the face to coasties.

davi

Juniors
"One well-placed source claimed talks were at a “delicate” stage"

The talks are delicate because the idea is so flimsy with no spine that the slightest movement it could smash at any moment.

The Gold Coast Giants/Seagulls were placed in Tweed Heads NSW and the criticism was QLD fans wouldn't support them because they were viewed as a NSW team and NSW fans wouldn't support them because they were viewed as a QLD team.

You are just opening the same can of worms with this part Gold Coast/part North Sydney/Part Gosford team.

T-Boon

Coach
"The Gold Coast Giants/Seagulls were placed in Tweed Heads NSW and the criticism was QLD fans wouldn't support them because they were viewed as a NSW team and NSW fans wouldn't support them because they were viewed as a QLD team.

You are just opening the same can of worms with this part Gold Coast/part North Sydney/Part Gosford team.

So true. It doesn't even really work to have NSW stars playing for them. For the same reason.

Latest posts