What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Bears/Nth Sydney/Gosford

T-Boon

Coach
The Western Bears could start out in the WNRL. Play out of a Western Sydney stadium so that Western Sydney has a team. Play a game at Perth when the origin is over there. That would be cool first professional club in a national comp that started out as a womens team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok - just trying to make the Western Reds feel included in this.....

How about on the logo the bear pirate has red tits?

Part Titan(anium), part bear, part pirate. We havethe mascot sorted!

five-nights-at-freddy-s-pop-games-vinyl-figura-foxy-the-pirate-9-cm.jpg

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Nice work guys! Now let's get the stadium situation sorted for this new team:

Three games each at:
NIB, Perth
North Sydney Oval
CBUS, Gold Coast
Bluetongue Stadium Gosford

Take that Wests Tigers! No one has more home grounds than the Perth-Gold Coast-Central Coast-North Sydney Pirate Bears with Red Tits

flippikat

Bench
I've got no issue with a Bears move to Perth IF thats the way the current bid team and WARL want to go.

For the Bears to swoop in with some other consortium and claim an NRL licence off the back of years of someone else's hard work though, would be very poor form. Put in the work (for all their membership programs and whatever else I don't recall any Bears teams playing out of Gosford in all those years of campaigning - i could be wrong, sorry if thats the case) or f**k off.

As i've said before, i'd like to see them build Adelaide from the ground up and claim it as their own.

THIS. Exactly, precisely THIS.

The legitimate WA bid is the Pirates - because of the hard work, patience & grass-roots build-up that the NRLWA (previously WARL) have done.

Any alternative WA bid that's trying to usurp the Pirates bid should be turned down flat - it's that simple.

Now, if the other bid can team-up with NRLWA then that's great - but I doubt the officials in NRLWA will just chuck out years of building their own brand UNLESS there's a big benefit to them.

Having two competing bids in an AFL city is a BAD situation to be in.. we need the population there to rally behind one bid, one brand.

Norths just sound desperate now, it's pitiful. But the shame is not just theirs - they should have never been put in this position, given that they were the ONLY Sydney team to be proactive about doing their bit to solve the 'Sydney problem'. The ARL, then the NRL failed them.

Adelaide is their best hope. No current bid, synergy with state colours, potential for a partnership with the local administration to grow grassroots. A total no-brainer..... and if they remain a feeder club for Souths, maybe they could pull some strings for Souths to play the odd NRL game in Adelaide once the West Coast Pirates are in the NRL and there's no need for them to take home games there. (NSW Cup Bears game as curtain raiser)

Well considering one was about potential for Bears to stiff WA and one was about Manly stiffing the Bears I thought I would make it a bit more obvious for the less intelligent amongst us!

Obfuscation via making sh!t up sure makes things clearer about your knowledge of the subject though.

t-ba

Post Whore
This idea is awful. As such, I can see it happening.

It is just written in the stars that we will get expansion and it will bear the Brisbane Bombers and the Western Bears. Never straightforward this code...

jim_57

Staff member
This idea is awful. As such, I can see it happening.

It is just written in the stars that we will get expansion and it will bear the Brisbane Bombers and the Western Bears. Never straightforward this code...

..and without any restrictions placed on the Bears that they can't move games back to Sydney and after 3 years we have another Sydney team and back to no Perth team..

Seriously though if the Bears were to set up in Adelaide or another city the NRL would have to place restrictions on them moving games from that city. Maximum 1 game a year, which could be left for playing Manly at Allianz and looking at a 30k+ crowd.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That game would get about 5000. They would all be old Bears fans. Manly fans do not travel at all.

Yeh cause existing syd year clubs are all drawing 50k lol. Be lucky if half the 9k bears fans that they had previously would still be bothered to turn up.

flippikat

Bench
Fkn ambulance chasers

Yup. I supported them before we got a team of our own here in NZ, but it's become harder and harder to have a soft spot for them when they continually try to 'parasite' into the NRL by sinking their hooks into other clubs.

Shameless, really.

jim_57

Staff member
That game would get about 5000. They would all be old Bears fans. Manly fans do not travel at all.

Maybe, if the demand isn't there no games for Sydney at all. Unless they can find some of these mythical "250,000 Bears fans".