What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Coach

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Apparently Ivan Cleary and Brad Arthur are good coaches. I don't know.

Brad Arthur has lost the team long ago.
Hayne vying for Player of the Year Award.

Cleary has too many newbies to try and gell together, hence the up and down patterns of winning & losing.

McGregor has the luxury of having been with the clubs a number of seasons now along with a core group of players with a few additions this year to enhance it.

McGregor is the only one out of the three you would expect to get some decent, consistent results as a team.

McGregor is doing the job to date.
Hardly expect the other two to achieve what is expected from Mary.

Frank Facer

First Grade

Cleary has too many newbies to try and gell together, hence the up and down patterns of winning & losing.

McGregor has the luxury of having been with the clubs a number of seasons now along with a core group of players with a few additions this year to enhance it.

McGregor is the only one out of the three you would expect to get some decent, consistent results as a team.

Parra started the season as 4th favourites to win the comp.

Wests started the season off with a few wins. I thought they were overachieving, similar to how we were overachieving in 2015.

This is the first year that Mary has had a roster that I would have been keen to coach.

giboz71

First Grade

Really?

Maybe Cleary can get a pass but why Arthur? Moses, Norman, Hayne, Gutherson, French, Jennings, Nathan Brown...that’s not bad cattle. In fact that backline on paper is much more potent than ours.

They only really lost Radrara from a team that was top 4 last year so no way they should be running last, given they have a coach supposedly so much better than ours.

People say Mary is untouchable but how does Arthur stay in a job?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Parra started the season as 4th favourites to win the comp.

Wests started the season off with a few wins. I thought they were overachieving, similar to how we were overachieving in 2015.

This is the first year that Mary has had a roster that I would have been keen to coach.

Probably fair to say that regardless of what the press said at the start of the season, the only true favourites should have been last years finalists.

Parra internal dramas year after year killed off any real chances they’ve had.

As stated, l think we all expected Mary to do well because hes been afforded the time and he has the cattle..

Same would apply to any other coach.

Cowgirls have dogged it with not knowing how to tap JT on the shoulder.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Really?

Maybe Cleary can get a pass but why Arthur? Moses, Norman, Hayne, Gutherson, French, Jennings, Nathan Brown...that’s not bad cattle. In fact that backline on paper is much more potent than ours.

They only really lost Radrara from a team that was top 4 last year so no way they should be running last, given they have a coach supposedly so much better than ours.

People say Mary is untouchable but how does Arthur stay in a job?

I agree, how does he?

A number of their high profile players are self centred and not team players.

As l just stated on another post, too many issues with the club from within.

A very unsettled board.
That must affect the team.

Mary isn’t untouchable but we expect him to learn from his mistakes and have a plan B when things go south.

My main point is that so far, Mary is going well but with history, he is not displaying lessons learnt.

Again, time will tell and we all hope he can make it happen in the finals.

Only my view but no representative player should back up in our next game.

We should be able to trust our fringe players.

St Georgio

Juniors
McGregor,Dufty and McInnes... pretentious perfectionists, though lack of gratitude for there lucky breaks, but I truly pray for our perfect misfit partnership Hunt and Widdop!

ouryears

Bench
And supercoach one hit wonders Trent Robinson and Paul Green.
Paul Green won a comp and also took them to the GF last year.

Greens yearly winning record is 58%, 71%, 57%, 54%.

BA, never been a fan.

Trent Robinson, still in the hunt this year. But not a fan.

Maguire and Hasler.....never a fan.

Geeze, that just leaves Creeping, Bellyache and Soufs new kid on the block in Siebold.

If Mary can keep going strong and improve from his 51%, he will jump a stack of places in the rankings! It's an ever moving beast.

Last edited:

jak

Bench

okb were you drunk when you wrote this,your blood pressure must be so gooood.