What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got to feel for the Irish this morning

Te Kaha

First Grade
That makes three games this year that the All Blacks have been in that would rate as "classics" and go up against any Rugby game no matter the code for pure "entertainment", "intensity", "drama" and "excitement"...

For Rugby just the top three games of the year and we won them all!

Rod

Bench
I reckon you could make a fair argument that we're not only the best rugby team but the best sports team on the planet. I can't think of anyone else that does what we do.

Parra

Referee
I think the AB's are the benchmark for team sport.

Tense match though, even came down to a second shot at the conversion. Big effort for the No 23. He'll never forget that test match.

Parra

Referee
Ireland's day finally arrives. Well done. 2016 is the year for breaking hoodoos. Western Bulldogs, Cronulla, Chicago Cubs and now Ireland beat the AB's.

RoosTah

Juniors
Bloody well done to Ireland! Would have loved to have watched this, but none of the 50 f**king sports channels on Fox were showing it.

Meth

Staff member
Showed up, backed themselves and showed that you can beat the best team in the world over 80 minutes if you do so. Congratulations to them.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Good game Ireland. They had all the penalties, sin bins (their way) possesion and territory which is what you need to avoid a thrashing from the All Blacks and at the same time, give your team a real oppertunity. While the Irish having all that and not scoring a try or a scoreboard lead might be seen as dissapointing or poor, it wouldve been a thrashing from the All Blacks had they not had the penalties etc. So I guess thats a silver-lining for the Irish in that despite their win in Chicago, the All Blacks was always the real beast here and to restrict them of the ball is a step in the right direction.

The Irish attack is just no where near as flairy and cohesive as the All Blacks and thats where they lost. In hindsight where everythings easy - they probably shouldve went with multiple droppies cos they just werent getting through.