What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould is a merkin

Just watched 100% footy on Nine and Gus, whose ego has always overstepped the mark, has seriously lost the plot.

The host opened with a question about Nathan Brown's post match response to Bennett. He clearly stated that Bennett was pushed by the media to respond to a question and then was taken out of context.

Gus then proceeded with a rant about how Brown should not have responded without viewing the full press conference.

Andrew Webster then stated that he had watched the full press conference and that Wayne was unprompted in his criticism of Brown. When Webster asked Gus whether he had watched the full interview he admitted he hadn.t.

What sort of merkin comes out and blames the media for creating a story, and then blames a coach for responding to that story without researching the facts, to then admit that he himself had not done his own research.

Brown has since admitted that he didn't see the full press conference, I will also put my hand up and say I have also not seen it. I cannot find it on the Bronco's or NRL website or through Google.

Either way Gus is a merkin, how do you come out and criticise Brown for responding to a quote from Bennett that he says was taken out of context, when he has done no research into the context himself.

The sooner the game can rid itself of this merkin the better.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Just watched 100% footy on Nine and Gus, whose ego has always overstepped the mark, has seriously lost the plot.

The host opened with a question about Nathan Brown's post match response to Bennett. He clearly stated that Bennett was pushed by the media to respond to a question and then was taken out of context.

Gus then proceeded with a rant about how Brown should not have responded without viewing the full press conference.

Andrew Webster then stated that he had watched the full press conference and that Wayne was unprompted in his criticism of Brown. When Webster asked Gus whether he had watched the full interview he admitted he hadn.t.

What sort of merkin comes out and blames the media for creating a story, and then blames a coach for responding to that story without researching the facts, to then admit that he himself had not done his own research.

Brown has since admitted that he didn't see the full press conference, I will also put my hand up and say I have also not seen it. I cannot find it on the Bronco's or NRL website or through Google.

Either way Gus is a merkin, how do you come out and criticise Brown for responding to a quote from Bennett that he says was taken out of context, when he has done no research into the context himself.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...sists-he-didnt-leave-the-knights-in-bad-shape

The conference is here.. starts around 3.20 mark.
Gould is right.
The reporters were looking for a headline with the rebuild question.
How did you want the milf hunter to answer it?
That he did leave it in a mess?

Im still scratching my little head trying to work out why Brown was so offended.
The milf Hunter was actually praising Brown in the press conference.
A totally overreaction from our coach.
Pretty sad to hear Brown didn’t even see the press conference himself.

Canard

Immortal
https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...sists-he-didnt-leave-the-knights-in-bad-shape

Gould is right.

Im still scratching my little head trying to work out why Brown was so offended.

Non stop troll.

Noname36

First Grade
Non stop troll.

He’s actually a Bronco’s supporter pretending he’s not (can’t blame him there) who’s had other accounts here. When you realise that you also realise he’s probably not trolling but just horrified about someone giving it to Bennett like all the others. He’s been criticising Brown long before this - he goes after anyone that replaced Broncos players/coaches at the Knights. Especially anyone he saw as a threat/replacement for his cousin Gagai.

coolsteve

Juniors

so its taken you this long to figure out he is a knob?

Spot On

Coach
His 'cousin' Dane.

Lol.

He's yet to clarify that one but he certainly doesn't like it when Dane's defensive weaknesses are continually highlighted. Seems to cut a little deeply there.

Browny should be praised for giving Wayno a good 'ol back hander. Gallen confirmed that Darren Mooney was flabagasted at the diabolical state of the books when Brown arrived. Huge money gifted to pretty ordinary first graders and years of clean up work ahead. The joint was left in a mess and Wayne was a large contributor to it.

That a few in the media were trying to hold him to account for his part in the mess really offends Wayno.

Last edited:

Rodent

Bench
Brown left the Dragons in great shape and Bennett was able to win the minor premiership in his 1st year at the Dragons and the minor prem and GF the following year. Contrast that with what Bennett left Brown at the Knights. All good until Bennett claims that the Knights only needed rebuilding because Brown "unbuilt" them. Pretty shit comment after Brown has had a steady diet of wooden spoons due to Bennett leaving him a steaming pile.
Brown shouldn't have got personal but he's human and was rightfully seething. Bennett deserved it and more.

Fangs

Coach
True but it's always a mixed bag with Gus. What he was saying about Broncos letting 'blue chip' Brisbane boys go to buy outsiders was right on the money.

His opening statement about the gameday experience for the Eels v Panthers match on Sunday was spot on too. It was truly a disgrace.

Brutus

Referee
Michael Ennis, who had seen Wayne Bennett naked in change rooms before, said it was like a scarecrow with pubic hair. He said it last night on the Vonny show.

I want Gould's reaction to that.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Gould is right.

Bennet is an arsehole, but this constant use of 'milf hunter' is getting boring... You sound like a 12yo

kbw

Bench
There are 2 Goulds.
1 - Football Gould an insightful smart man.
2 - Clown gould an idiot in pursuit of rating and trying to make Ray Warren less senile

Unfortunately we see more and more of #2 and #1 is a more rare sighting

Springs09

Juniors
He's right though. The media only takes the 'controversial' parts out of the press conference, which is what Brown would have seen. They then ask Brown what does he think of the quote that they have taken out of context. They do this to get their soap opera so gossipy morons have something to talk about. They then call it 'theatre' and all that rubbish when most footy fans only really care about what happens on the field. The most I've heard with this Brown statement are people saying it was funny. Are there any footy fans anywhere on the edge of their seat wondering how Bennett is going to respond, what's going to happen next?

The problem with Gus in this instance is that he is blaming the media when he is a large part of the media at 9 and does a lot of this shit himself.

Knightmare

Coach

Gould is right.

Don't do it too often or you'll go blind

But then looking at some of your other posts, maybe it's too late...

Latest posts