What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

goulds article

millersnose

Post Whore
so he predicts a loss blaming " player attitude

so if nsw were to lose - not his fault

however if they win it will because of his "clever" motivational tactic

sretsoor

Juniors
No offence guys, if you havent realised by now. Gould manipulates the media to physcologically give his team an edge. The players read the papers and get aggressive over it to prove it wrong.

Everyone whinged about Gould (ie the riff) before the 1st game and NSW came out on top. He said Johns was out of form then Johnsy came out and played his best game of the year.

Why are you suprised he's done the same thing again prior to game two. Any advantage you can get your team you take. Pretty smart if you ask me.

sretsoor

Juniors
Why not?

He got all the papers writing about the state of Origin everyday of the week and this was 12 weeks out from kick off..

He got the game of league in the headlines and AFL and Yawnion took a back seat. The media loved it.

This year was suppose to be very tough for League with the yawnion and its World Cup here, so far the League is killing it hands down. Better to keep league in the papers than just read about the Wallabies etc. Would be even better if Bennett was doing the same up north of the border.

Anyhow,

GO THE BLUES

millersnose

Post Whore
sretsoor said:
Why not?

He got all the papers writing about the state of Origin everyday of the week and this was 12 weeks out from kick off..

He got the game of league in the headlines and AFL and Yawnion took a back seat. The media loved it.

This year was suppose to be very tough for League with the yawnion and its World Cup here, so far the League is killing it hands down. Better to keep league in the papers than just read about the Wallabies etc. Would be even better if Bennett was doing the same up north of the border.

Anyhow,

GO THE BLUES

actually a good post

there has been times though that gould has over stepped the mark and if i was andrew johns i would be very dissappointed that i was used as a tool this way

Green Eye

Juniors
sretsoor said:
Why not?

Anyhow,

GO THE BLUES

That's true I guess... I am just sick of hearing about Gould.

legend

Coach
Pretty hard to argue with his methods now one owuld think. A convinceing win that could see Qld with only three, possibly four players in the Australian side to take on New Zealand next month.

Well done Gus and NSW.

Green Eye

Juniors
He did well but more importantly NSW came out firing... Not taking anything away from the blues but QLD just didn't show up for that match. One of the worst performances from the Qld team in years.

GO THE BLUES.... CLEAN SWEEP!!!

sydraider

First Grade
I take my hat off to gus, the side he went for and the tactics he used on and off the field, i dont mind eating my words when the blues take the series, it will be a 3-0 whitewash qld just dont look like they have anything other than lockyer and im not sure who the hell they can bring in to change that. Nsw turned up to play lasy night whilst qld were out there relying on the famous never say die QLDer attitude and forgot they were actually there to play football.

midas

Juniors
as much as I dislike Gould,he is now the winningest coach in Origin history
and can laugh off all criticism by telling us that winners can smile and losers can make their own arrangements.

Latest posts