What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gower is the No. 1 Penalty Milker

Jimmy

Juniors
Craig has been highly successful in putting it over the refs.

Last night he drew the penalty that resulted in the Panthers first try. He got up to play the ball and then dived back to the ground. The channel 9 team agreed there was no grounds for a penalty.

When Sattler hit him high and the arm went up to the neck he dropped as if he was pole axed and lay quivering on the ground. As soon as the penalty was awarded and Sattler placed on report, he jumped up and took a very active part in the play that led up to the Panther try.

At the post match interview he indicated that he was proud of his little act and he gave Sattler a wink.

These were the 2 standouts last night but I could mention several others in recent games. He has taken over from Terry Hill.

KFC

Juniors
Sattler also said he saw Gower give him the wink so he knew he was ok. The disturbing thing about the whole situation is that by staying down the video Ref is obliged to look at it and usually gives a penalty. There was nothing wrong with Gower, if he'd jumped up and chased the kick, no penalty and Sattler doesn't go on report. I don't like it.

ouwet

Bench
Players like that lose respect from their fellow players and supporters!!! :x

tdcockers

Juniors
i thought a lot of the panthers players were diving last night

still, it was a good game otherwise, well done the tigers for sticking it to them, and i think you should have had that scrum with a minute to go and 10 out ;-)

richie8u

Juniors
players wouldnt act as much if the refs picked stuff like that more, it was high, but clark missed it, very bad ref!!!

strider

Post Whore
I agree 100% - Gower is turning into a joke the way he fakes injury - and he does it over and over.

When Sattler knocked him down, it was nothing more than a penalty for a late tackle - wasn't high and didn't do him ANY harm. OK fine he acted a bit to get a penalty - but why once you know its been called up would he continue to fake serious injury as if he is having a fit or something? So he can get a player on report or sent off for something they never did?....very low act!

Also, our modern day touch judges generally seem to be deaf dumb and blind - but Craig does his little diving act and suddenly we have TWO touchies running to get involved.....where were they late in the game when Amos Roberts made a tackle from a blatantly off side position and when Frank Pritchard knocked the ball down????

Has Gower become the new Andrew Johns? Game stops for anything to do with him? - got a cramp Johnsy, oh let me call time out.

simon says

First Grade
He definitely is in line for a logie.....he also milked a penalty in the first half that led to their first try as well..when O Neill got pinged for stealing the ball(and didnt go near it).

Gower was definitely MOM,but not for good play,but some excellent milking which got his team in position to win the game........It sux,but what can you so....Gower 1,Wests Tigers 0.

:( :( :(

Tommy Smith

Referee
On the subject of diving, (or non diving in this case) this is an area where Morley deserves alot of credit and a few others for that matter, too. Ive seen him cop quite a few high shots that would keep plenty of players down, if mainly for the reason of milking the penalty, but Mozza on the other hand continually gets up and carries on playing. It happened last year against the Raiders when Ben Cross smashed him and ended up getting a two week ban. And it happened last week against the Dragons where he copped a high shot but carried on playing. In the end the ref gave us a penalty because he saw the high shot, not because of Morley milking it. Its a shame oppositon players cant afford Morley the same respect by getting up and playing on instead of milking the penalty. :x

Iafeta

Referee
Craig Gower dived to the lead in the inaugural Logie Milkman of the Year Award.

Standings currently are:-

Craig Gower 2 - the milk on tackle 5 v Mark O Neill, the "I'm dying here" milk against S Sattler
Motu Tony 1 - The "I got shot in the leg by Sione" milk v Sione Faumuina
Michael De Vere 1 - The "Who fired that bullet from the stand and forced me to dive 1 metre from the tryline into the field of play" v Thomas Leuluai (Kiwis)
Martin Lang 1 and Special Commendation - The "That bloke just knocked my block off" v Warriors

Other nominations valued below.

Craig Gower, you are a cat. For all the talk your lot come up with about the Roosters being a bad bunch of apples, the king of unethical dives resides in their own backyard of Penrith. I ask any of the referees to eat some more carrots, improve their eye sight, and upon vision of the classic milks penalise the player involved. The ones mentioned above were so obvious and petty some of them deserve time in the bin!

What made Craig Gower's actions worse were his comical blase` responses about the tackle with Sattler after the game. "I got the penalty didn't I?" You also confirmed to a lot of non Panther fans, and probably deep down to some of them that you are quittesentially an absolute goose.

bluesbreaker

Bench
*yawn* It's all part of the game, nearly every player milks penalties, it's called being "smart", the soccer players have it down pat (however frustrating it may be)

Shifty

Juniors
*yawn* It's all part of the game, nearly every player milks penalties, it's called being "smart", the soccer players have it down pat (however frustrating it may be)
Action needs to be taken before it gets to the stage that it is in soccer. Gamesmanship should not replace sportsmanship.

Gower will readily admit that he was acting on this occasion, but if players are doing this it makes the whole judicial process very difficult. Sattler was placed on report for this tackle.

Bad sportsmanship by Craig Gower and he should be reprimanded and given a warning that further acts such as this will earn him a stint on the sideline not a gold logie.

Foz

Bench
I think Gower is trying to emulate the "King" Bob Fulton.
He has a bit to go but he's getting there.

Iafeta

Referee
Maybe he's concerned with the Roosters and Warriors getting the Sunsilk ads and he feels his acting career may be being put on the back burner? Ergo, he needs to show off his (Lack of) acting talent.

Maybe a move to Souths is imminent, followed by a Round 8 transfer to Easts? :lol:

Fibroman

First Grade
Gower and other players need to do it, because touch judges are oxygen thieves. Gower deserved to get a penalty. Sattlers shot on him wasn't malicious, but it was high, and it was late.

He milked for all it was worth and has done so for a while now
Special mention a the Footy show awards I reckon
The Best milked penalty award goes to....
The player with the most milked penalties goes to.....C.Gower-engrave it now :D