What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graham as Packer replacement

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I think we should seriously consider bringing James Graham to the Dragons, for perhaps a 1-2 year deal.

- Graham is desperate to win an NRL title
- Vaughan is fantastic, but we still need a hard nosed no nonsense prop who has some mongrel when Packer leaves. Graham fits the bill.
- Grubs may pay a portion of his salary
- We can offer them Dugan; We don't want to pay him fullback money. They are desperate for a fullback.

I think its a win/win for both clubs.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Opps, my bad (Dugan). Regardless, Dogs are possibly looking to offload Graham. Those rumours about him going to Newcastle have been around for a while.

possm

Coach
Graham could be coached to play Dragons forward footy. Why not Millward, doesn't hurt to ask.

getsmarty

Immortal
A two year deal at 600k would be fair. That's what we offered Packer.

He's allegedly on 1 Mill back-ended like many of their players currently hence the "fire Sale" with clubs being offered their players left right and centre.

possm

Coach
He's allegedly on 1 Mill back-ended like many of their players currently hence the "fire Sale" with clubs being offered their players left right and centre.
The Dogs can pay anything over 600k. i'm sure a lot of it is TPA so they can make arrangements with his manager to continue the deal until contract ends. We only want him for 2 years and that suits him as he wants to return to the old dart.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Would love to have Graham but he is a million dollar player . I see Ashton Sims might be interested in returning . Wouldn't sign him as a replacement for Packer . But could replace Mose . He couldn't possibly offer us less than Mose has could he?

FlameThrower

Bench
This is biggest challenge...years ago I recall Gus Gould stating the Dragons had Prop Forwards dropping out of trees...now we seem to be scrambling to fill the gap.
Who do we have in lower grades that can step up quickly or does the Graham (or Prop X) from external for 2 years buy us time...
Worst case is we burn cash on an unwanted Prop n his twilight..

If Des Hasler doesn't want to keep Graham, I would pass on him also.

Seems to be slowing down.

Sims or LAM to start in 2018.

My preference is to rotate Kerr or Lawrie together with Sele from the bench for the balance of the season.

The result will determine whether we need to splash out coin for an experienced front rower.

Latest posts