What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL (2007) BLUEBAGS v WARRIORS

rayroxon

Juniors
Should be a corker! Let's hope it's a little closer than last time we met :) I've really enjoyed my first season and being in the Grand Final first up is just awesome stuff. Well done Bag's and Warriors, bang a gong it's on!

Robster

Bench
Great Stuff, what a privlege being part of a Grand Final after hanging out dry for 5 years. Would it be wrong to put this down in my c.v?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Robster said:
Great Stuff, what a privlege being part of a Grand Final after hanging out dry for 5 years. Would it be wrong to put this down in my c.v?

I've used some of the LU F7's articles to get me reviewing jobs with various web sites. So yes, these are quite useful to reference.

Rexxy

Coach
Robster, the biggest battle in getting any sort of media work is having something to show. You need to have a portfolio or tape of... well anything. Otherwise you sit there and talk, talk, talk when thats what you want your work to do.

So make a nice preso package, think of an interesting way to show it off (creative people want to see how creative you are) and away you go.

Sometimes aspirants dress as window washers, dogs, car detailers just to sneak in to see a creative director or editor. You need something to leave behind as the security guards drag you away.

Drew-Sta said:
I've used some of the LU F7's articles to get me reviewing jobs with various web sites. So yes, these are quite useful to reference.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Funnily enough i am lol. Just in the car on the way to see something for kate at newcastle uni. Can't wait to see the results!

antonius

Coach
Bluebags Scores

Gorilla
The needle and the damage done
750 Words
What an enlightening read. True or not (and I’m not doubting it) paints an extraordinary picture of what living in the fast lane can bring you too. Compelling read, and very well written.
Score 94

Willow
10 Years Ago
750 Words
Ahh the superleague war and that grand final. I can probably recall very little of that week following the Knights win over Manly, I do however have the game, and the celebrations in Newcastle on tape. The writer looks at the events of the season that was ten years ago.
Score 88

Rexxy
Hey Jealousy
706 Words
Very clever piece. If I didn’t know better I’d think you were writing about M.J. and A.J. If you aren’t then you might as well be. Good reading.
Score 88

Everlovin’ Antichrist
The Helmich Manoeuvre
745 Words
The writer proposes that we should honour the thousands of players who while having played at the level of first grade, will never be remembered as having done so. It’s an interesting thought, I can see David Gallop sitting at a table with a pin ready to make his nomination. The writer is correct, though I’d be happy to have my name in the encyclopaedia.
Score 89

Drew-Sta
Tribalism
750 Words

The writer takes a fairly in depth look at what drives people to support one team, and asks the question “are the people running the game catering for the true die hard fan?” Unfortunately I think not.
Score 89

Bluebags 448

Warriors scores

MiXmasterreece
Once Bitten, Twice Shy
750 Words

I normally don’t go much on season examinations. This one however is a very honest, and intelligent look at the Warriors and where they were strong, and where the weaknesses lie. Well constructed, and to a none Warriors fan I found it informative.
Score 89

Robster
The Year The King Was Dethroned
746 Words
Interesting article on Olsen Filipaina and his tests against Wally Lewis.
Score 86

Rayroxon
Soul
746 Words

It couldn’t possibly happen could it? An out there piece on a game decided in court. Had me reading to the end. The way things are these days I suppose it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.
Score 89

MKEB
The Wool That Is Pulled
747 Words
I guess we all see things as we want to see them. An article on the way the games people only see what suits them, or treat the public as fools. By the way I’m not surprised at the politician.
Score 87

Jesbass
A Tribe Unto Ourselves
750 Words

A well written piece on the bonding that happens when you support a footy team. Bonding that is with both strangers and close family.
Score 89

Warriors 440

Result Bluebags 448 defeated Warriors 440 POTM Gorilla
Very high quality match. The Bluebags just have so much consistency across the board, and always seem to have at least one article that jumps out at you, this time it was Gorilla. No shame in coming second to them, the Warriors would’ve beaten any other team on the day.

Finally on a personal note, Just like the couple of seasons I had playing, I've really enjoyed reffing the past few years, and have always thought that the 7's is such a very good concept, it gives the average forum poster the opportunity to expand and improve putting his/her thoughts down on paper. There really have been some fantastic posts over the years, and I'm sure that will continue into the future. Thanks to all the people who have helped out during the seasons as both guest and fulltime refs.
Cheers

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Thanks for the marking antonius. We'll all miss your presence here in Forum 7s.

Congrats Willow and the 'Bags on a flawless season

Warriors- well what more can I say that I haven't already said? We have done a sterling job to have even made a Grand Final. Keep your heads up guys and be proud.

See you all next year!
byrne_rovelli_fan82

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Thanks Antonius. You've been a fantastic ref and I'm sure everyone on F7's will sorely miss your marking and input.

Congrats Warriors on a fantastic showing, but some tough luck at the final game. Better luck next year :)

Well done fellow Bags! We brought this baby home and I'm proud of our accomplishment! Well done!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Whacko! Thanks referee antonius for a quick turnaround and tremendous gesture at the end. :thumn

To the 12 undefeated baggers of 2007:

Drew-Sta - 9 games
Everlovin' Antichrist - 8 games
Gorilla - 6 games
Polar Bob - 5 games
Willow - 5 games
Cheesie-the-Pirate - 3 games
Dave Q - 3 games
Rexxy - 2 games
Timmah - 1 game
Dragon_psa - 1 game
Bring back John Fifita - 1 game
Mr Angry - 1 game

To the Warriors...
Baggers salute youse all...

bluebags_jubilee_bodyguards_hats.jpg

Well firstly, thanks for the quick and fair marking ref. And what an honour to be have Antonius mark me in his final game - thanks for all your hard work.

Bags, you certainly have set the bench mark for consistency this season, and I for one was never in doubt that defeating the bags would take 110% from us.

Warriors, hard luck chaps - it's been an honour playing with you all, and certainly a great achievement to get as far as we have.

And to all those involved with organising and reffing the F7s - thankyou all very much for the time and passion you put into this. It is a true sign of the quality of the F7s administrators to see such a succesful 2007 season.

rayroxon

Juniors
Thanks Antonious for the ultra fast turn around. Your commentary and marking will be sorely missed. (especially if I get to run around again next season)

Baggers, you've been the bench mark all season. Well deserved minor and major premiers, you set the bar high every week. It was a pleasure reading your articles right through out the season (even if we were at the receiving end three times!) Enjoy the spoils.

Finally, Warriors, what a season! Parallels to the "actual" Warriors 02 season abound (except for the minor premiership, points scandal and golden boots player) I'm stoked to have been a part of our first finals charge, especially in my debut season and I look forward to future ones with y'all.

Jesbass

First Grade
Thanks for the quick marking, antonius. Your loss will be extremely difficult to replace. :clap:

Bluebags, your win was a deserved one. You've proven your quality with a 36-hour turnaround. It's no wonder you're undefeated in 2007. Well done, Premiers. :clap:

Warriors, second place is nothing to be down about. Keep your heads up and let's hope we can go one step further in 2008. We've exceeded many expectations, this year. :clap:

Now, I'm a halfback for a Warriors side, beaten in a Grand Final. And my birthday is May 7th. Yep, you'd might as well call me Misseur Stacey Jones! :lol:

photos_260605_stacey.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
To steal a line from the illustrious eddie murphy, 'we f*cking won?' lol. Well done all on an amazing grand final. Truly the best two teams going at it... To have even played just one game was an honour. Go bags! I'll knock up some 'undefeated premiers' banners first thing tomoro! Commis. to the kiwi outfit once again, very worthy second. And of course one last thank you and good luck to outgoing ref antonius... All the best mate. Bags, let's celebrate!

Latest posts