What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final 2017 - Storm vs Cowboys

Big Marn

Juniors
intriguing game. Morgan is playing lights out, Ethan Lowe is kicking goals like JT from the sideline, no injuries picked up. Feldt performs miracles in the corners, and Matt Scott might make the bench.

Storm forward pack seems like it has more firepower than Roosters, especially when NAS comes on. Cronks last game, redemption from last years GF.

Should be a cracker.

Blair

Coach
I'm going. Will be a touch flat during the NSW V Qld cup game, knowing how close the Warriors could've made it.

The main event is a beauty, I don't know who to support, I think the Cows now.

Two things I love in league:

1. a rampaging forward: JT2
2. Flying wingers with genuine pace, particulary Fijian ones: Vunivalu and Addo-Carr (not Fijian, I know).

Last edited:
I'm going. Will be a touch flat during the NSW V Qld cup game, knowing how close the Warriors could've made it.

The main event is a beauty, I don't know who to support, I think the Cows now.

Two things I love in league:

1. a rampaging forward: JT2
2. Flying wingers with genuine pace, particulary Fijian ones: Vunivalu and Addo-Carr (not Fijian, I know).
Do you wear your Warriors kit or choose a team and go their colours?

Blair

Coach
Do you wear your Warriors kit or choose a team and go their colours?

Thanks for asking this, Phil. I didn't want to sound uptight by mentioning it myself.

I've given this some thought. Both my brother and I are strongly against wearing 'third party' gear to games. That is, no Wallaby jumper at a Kangaroos game, no Australian cricket shirt at a Socceroos game, no All Black jersey at a Warriors game, no Warriors jersey at a non-Warriors NRL game, etc, etc. It's one of our pet hates.

Yes, we're way too uptight. No one else really cares, or even thinks about this, surely?

GF's are a bit different. Yes, I was horrified to see a guy in his Eels jumper at the 2011 GF. However, a GF is still a celebration of rugby league, isn't it?

I don't have any Storm or Cowboys gear. I'd wear Cowboys gear if I had some.

What I'm doing (and I've cleared this with my bro) is wearing my classic Wests Magpies jersey from 1995. It's a celebration of rugby league! It always gets comments and attention when I wear it out, so I'm guessing I'll get plenty at the GF. It's very rare and strikes a sentimental chord in many people. On the other hand, I might be a poser.

What do you think? Is it a go?

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Just on last week. It's the only game all year I watched with the mrs. She really got into it, and I was thrilled about that.

The Cowboys have really captured the imagination of the casual fans.

My mum's into them too.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Cowboys would be great but hard to see it

Cronks last game Melbourne will be on I reckon

Blair

Coach
Cowboys would be great but hard to see it

Cronks last game Melbourne will be on I reckon

Our heads say you're right.

I just bumped into my Roosters mate and he'd bought a ticket to the GF before last week's game! He's going in his Chooks' jumper, could you think of anything more disheartening?

At least I know my team's six to eight weeks into the off-season.

JJ

Immortal
Melbourne are so consistent

But if the real/big JT and Morgan are huge the Cowboys can win, no mistake

And those two are simply amazing

Thanks for asking this, Phil. I didn't want to sound uptight by mentioning it myself.

I've given this some thought. Both my brother and I are strongly against wearing 'third party' gear to games. That is, no Wallaby jumper at a Kangaroos game, no Australian cricket shirt at a Socceroos game, no All Black jersey at a Warriors game, no Warriors jersey at a non-Warriors NRL game, etc, etc. It's one of our pet hates.

Yes, we're way too uptight. No one else really cares, or even thinks about this, surely?

GF's are a bit different. Yes, I was horrified to see a guy in his Eels jumper at the 2011 GF. However, a GF is still a celebration of rugby league, isn't it?

What I'm doing (and I've cleared this with my bro) is wearing my classic Wests Magpies jersey from 1995. It's a celebration of rugby league! It always gets comments and attention when I wear it out, so I'm guessing I'll get plenty at the GF. It's very rare and strikes a sentimental chord in many people. On the other hand, I might be a poser.

West Magpies jumper sounds a go.

Boss has 2 season tickets to ANZ and his mate has 4, his mate is overseas so he got his tickets and I've been invited along! :)

Wondering now what to wear. Decisions decisions!

No idea where seats are, apparently good, as hoping for a corporate box! Haha

Blair

Coach
West Magpies jumper sounds a go.

Boss has 2 season tickets to ANZ and his mate has 4, his mate is overseas so he got his tickets and I've been invited along! :)

Wondering now what to wear. Decisions decisions!

No idea where seats are, apparently good, as hoping for a corporate box! Haha

You'll know it's me if you see me, so come up and say g'day. I'll be in the concourse outside from 4:30 PM.

Feel free to wear Warriors gear, don't let a couple of anal retentive bastards like me and my brother put you off.

You could wear your Macklemore tee-shirt?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade

Back yourself Blair! Wear it loud and proud son

Blair

Coach
Back yourself Blair! Wear it loud and proud son

Will do, bud. We all deserve this night off from the Warriors, and once the final whistle sounds then it's all square again, in regard to the comp.

I've even swatted up on a bit of Wests history, in case I get sprung by a real Maggies fan, such as this fulla:

1397000823769.jpg

Rich102

Staff member
Just on last week. It's the only game all year I watched with the mrs. She really got into it, and I was thrilled about that.

The Cowboys have really captured the imagination of the casual fans.

My mum's into them too.

My mum was into cowboys too. Real ones.

Blair

Coach
The Fibro and the Glory! They last won in '52 (thanks Wikipedia), plus 17 Wooden Spoons from '08 to '99.

37352878946_3815e18970.jpg

If anyone thinks I'm a closet Panthers fan that jersey was snapped up with the express purpose of on-selling. It's being posted off on Tuesday. I'd never sell this Wests one though.

Last edited:
You'll know it's me if you see me, so come up and say g'day. I'll be in the concourse outside from 4:30 PM.

Feel free to wear Warriors gear, don't let a couple of anal retentive bastards like me and my brother put you off.

You could wear your Macklemore tee-shirt?
I haven't been to ground since 2011 Grand Final, boss who is never on time said we leaving up here in the Hunter at 2.30pm, catching a train from somewhere to the ground. He thinks a 5.30 or after arrival???
I'll watch out for Magpie Jersey in the crowd and definitely say hello. :)
I'll have to pop into the "thrift shop" "downtown" "Brad Pitt's cousin" owns to get my Macklemore top! :)

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
I haven't been to ground since 2011 Grand Final, boss who is never on time said we leaving up here in the Hunter at 2.30pm, catching a train from somewhere to the ground. He thinks a 5.30 or after arrival???
I'll watch out for Magpie Jersey in the crowd and definitely say hello. :)
I'll have to pop into the "thrift shop" "downtown" "Brad Pitt's cousin" owns to get my Macklemore top! :)

You might get a little burst of what the Brazilians call 'saudade', a sentimental panging for something lost, when you see the stadium again. 2011 is still with us. For some reason Manu symbolises that feeling I get when I rock up there, he's the first thing that pops in my head.

5:30 pm arrival at the stadium is fine, but no later. You need to catch a bit of the vibe in the precinct before you go in. Enjoy, you deserve it.

You might get a little burst of what the Brazilians call 'saudade', a sentimental panging for something lost, when you see the stadium again. 2011 is still with us. For some reason Manu symbolises that feeling I get when I rock up there, he's the first thing that pops in my head.

5:30 pm arrival at the stadium is fine, but no later. You need to catch a bit of the vibe in the precinct before you go in. Enjoy, you deserve it.
Sadly not in control of the transport, otherwise I'd be there for all 3 games.