What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Entertainment

horrie hastings

First Grade
Wow I actually had in my head it was early 2000's, they don't do grand final entertainment like that anymore

I remember the 1994 Grand Final when Lee Kernaghan did Boys From the Bush with all the boot scooters, the sheer scale of that back then was amazing, also Olivia Newton John sung a very breathy subdued version of the national anthem with Tommy Emmanuel on guitar.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Also with the 1994 Grand Final the four new teams for the 1995 season were introduced and the South Queensland Crushers cane train ran over one of the effects microphone behind the in goal area in front of where I was sitting.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
This lesbian looking dude Mackleroni and Cheese was honestly not bad at all,looked like he was actually happy to be there and had plenty of energy,i've seen worse lesbians before.

carcharias

Immortal
Is there any reason why rappers can't sing the parts of the song where the words are sung?

Any reason apart from them not being able to sing that is.

I'm sorry but that dude did a hell of a lot of "hey" and "yo" while someone else sang the bloody song.

In saying that he was better than Keith urban
God he was rubbish

carcharias

Immortal
Haha Carch, you really didn’t like it did ya? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Not a lot
I wasn't the only one in my house who was thinking it was a bit tame.

It sounded fine, he did his of job of spinning around with his arms out wide very well.
The little girls down the front with their phones up in the air seemed to enjoy it.

Hate to say it but the Killers blew him away.

Last year that Bon jovi clown had people in the back row standing up and singing living on a prayer.
I'm guessing that didn't happen last night.

I just found it very mellow for a grand final.
Great for good morning America though.

I think the hilltop hoods could've done s better job if it was rap they wanted
They could've dedicated the nosebleed section to the people up the back.

kdalymc

Bench
Not a lot

It sounded fine, he did his of job of spinning around with his arms out wide very well.
The little girls down the front with their phones up in the air seemed to enjoy it.

Last year that Bon jovi clown had people in the back row standing up and singing living on a prayer.

That song is about people in the front row

beave

Coach
The sound was very messy at the stadium. Could barely make out the vocals and the echo around the joint made the music hard to listen to. Pretty shit entertainment for mine. The half time mascot race was cringeworthy.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Not a lot

It's very hard to beat the killers live I've seen them before and it's always electric. Macklemore did a decent job. Would've been a great way to get a girlfriend or daughter to come.

thorson1987

Coach
The sound was very messy at the stadium. Could barely make out the vocals and the echo around the joint made the music hard to listen to. Pretty shit entertainment for mine. The half time mascot race was cringeworthy.

Agreed with the vocals, but was still a decent show imo.

At least you guys won the mascot race though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Macklemore was great. Acoustics crap but he got the place rocking and it felt like a big time event rather than dragging some ageing rocker out. Loved the nrl sticking two fingers up at Abbott as well with the comments on screen and the rainbow pyros! Well done nrl great choice and brave actions.