What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Britain Vs France

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Ok, I'll send it, anyone who wants to see this match, post in here and let them know, the more the better, I'll send it in a couple of days, that will give them two weeks to pull their finger out, it shouldn't be hard as old rupert owns RL in England with Sky sports.

All we can do is try, so get posting.

Spread it around the forums if you have too, a lot of people would watch a game like this, but they never look in the IRL section.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=rleague/07/06/09/manual_171257.html

MORLEY TO SKIPPER GB

By Ian Laybourn, PA Sport Rugby League Correspondent
Warrington forward Adrian Morley will captain Great Britain in the Frontline Test against France at Headingley Carnegie on Friday, June 22.
The Salford-born 30-year-old will step into the breach following the decision of new Great Britain coach Tony Smith to rest Paul Sculthorpe and Jamie Peacock, who have led the Lions since the loss of Andy Farrell to rugby union three years ago.
"The squad I'll name on Tuesday will feature some new faces so it is important that they have an experienced leader that some of the younger players can look up to and learn from,'' explained Smith.
"Adrian fits the bill perfectly, having represented his country on many occasions with great esteem.
"He always takes great pride in wearing the Lions jersey and is always bursting to play for the national side.
"His time in Australia is a fine example of this as he was always willing to fly back to the UK for internationals."
Morley, who returned to Super League at the start of the season after six years with Sydney Roosters, made his debut for Great Britain in 1996 on the tour of the Pacific Islands and New Zealand and won his 26th cap during the Tri-Nations Series in Australia last November.
Morley said: "It's a massive honour to be named Great Britain captain and I'm extremely proud.
"Captaining the national side is always something I've wanted to do and leading the team out against France will be the highlight of my career so far.
"The game will be extra special for a number of reasons. It will be the first time I've represented Great Britain against France, the first time I've played a Test match at Headingley Carnegie, and of course the first time I've captained the side."
Smith will include a mixture of experienced internationals and uncapped players in his 22-man squad to face John Monie's France.
"A few players who have played back-to-back rugby for the last few seasons will be missing from Tuesday's squad," he said.
"The likes of Stuart Fielden, Paul Sculthorpe and Jamie Peacock will all sit out the game so they can recharge their batteries and be ready for this autumn's Gillette Fusion Test Series against New Zealand.
"Although Adrian has played in the last few Gillette Tri-Nations, the injuries he suffered at the start of this season mean he is still fresh.
"I'm sure he'll take great pride in leading out his country and will set the standards for the other players."

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I sent this about 3 days ago, no reponse :roll:

Matter of fact, I've emailed them about 3 times in the last 3 weeks, not one bloody reply. :x

Nice way to treat the people who pay for your crappy coverage, go and get bent.