What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great effort Melbourne

DIEHARD

----
Mark Rudd said:
10,000 crowd? I though 11,500. Maybe even 12,000. Pathetic though. Time to do a Panthers and give away 2-3000 free tickets to school kids IF accompanied by an adult. Otherwise we WILL be relocating.

Mate if it was 10,000 I dont know where they would put the other 10,000. In my opinion it was a great crowd. Ive never seen so many jerseys on fans. They love their team down there and are only a few thousand away, in a city of millions, of very healthy crowds. Give them a break!

Mark Rudd

Juniors
I cant work out how it was a 10,000 crowd either. The top deck of the Western Stand looked pretty full. The bottom 3/4's maybe? The GA ares were pretty full.

Maybe it was. Still, Storm management should have the AFL half price ticket deal EVERY game. And do the free tickets to school kids if accompanied by a paying adult thing.

DIEHARD

----
Mark Rudd said:
Maybe it was. Still, Storm management should have the AFL half price ticket deal EVERY game. And do the free tickets to school kids if accompanied by a paying adult thing.

Bloody oath. That coupled with on field a success is a winner.

And more publicity from the now 100% News Ltd owned Storm. :cry:

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Kepp them going to the shopping centres. Schools. In HAS to be in-your-face promotion in Melbourne. Non-stop. SURELY they've figured that out?

Hopefully they keep winning(when they do of course!) and Saturday night games can make a difference.

So did you travelled all the way from Brissy for the game, Diehard?

DIEHARD

----
Mark Rudd said:
So did you travelled all the way from Brissy for the game, Diehard?

Yea I thought Id come down for a couple games as well as the Grand Prix. Ill be back in Brissie for Brisbane v Melbourne. And Im seriously considering wearing a Melbourne jersey...

Next I'm planning to go to the Newcastle test and a couple Bunnie games. :D

We have it bad up there, one team in a rugby league made city, tv screens soaked with AFL. But anything is better than watching the games on at midnight and having to endure the incredible bias against the Storm in the media. Every time I come down, its a lesson in how open minded the other states really are and what the Storm are up against but also that they have a fantastic product to offer and are able to pull it off with support.

I'm looking forward to next week's game against the Dragons. And I will definately be back during the year for more games.

Surandy

Bench
I was a bit disappointed with the crowd, both in size and noise level.

I didn't hear anywhere near as many Melbourne chants as last year. And for the first game of the season with no AFL on we should have had at least 11,000 if not 12,000.

And the cow-bell didn't get nearly enough use. :D

All I know is I damn well struggled at work today trying to talk.

DIEHARD

----
The dude with the trumpet ruled. Lets kick up those "MELBOURNE" chants Surandy and don't worry you get like 20 times the "BRONCOS" chants at Lang Park... Damn boring Broncos fans...

Surandy

Bench
I remember at one stage the "Melbourne" chant started on the Eastern side and from the sounds of it I was one of about three people on the Western side chanting along.

I stuck mainly to the travellers chant of "Let's go Melbourne, let's GO!", I only did a couple of "Give it to Billy" or "Use your head Ned" yells this time around. Admittedly my throat was a bit hoarse before the game had even started as I'd been crook during the week. At the game I tried lubricating it liberally with all sorts of liquids but it didn't seem to help my throat too much. ;-)

Latest posts