What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great thread on Redcliffe and Gold Coast Logo in NRL thread

DIEHARD

----
Well what were the details?

I'm sure they didn't just come on for 5 seconds and said "We are dropping the Dolphins BYE."

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Well actually I only saw 9 news and Wally Lewis did keep it short and sweet he said Redcliffe had won the battle of the Dolphins he then said the Gold Coast Consortium decided to drop the Dolphin logo and that was it the footage they showed was Dolphin Oval at Redcliffe and the Footy Show Panel holding up Gold Coast jerseys.

They will be a bit of a collectors item now.

DIEHARD

----
Sgt Schultz said:
They will be a bit of a collectors item now.

I think everyone buying them would realise they would to some extent become collectors items. The colours, design and logo could change between 2004 and 2007 if they take the field.

pfft what a joke, redcliffe are never getting in the nrl. artie beetson is a cock too, he comes out and acts all high and mighty saying "good to see common sense finally prevailed", is there anything else stupid this dickhead wants to say.

as for new names? anyone got any? what about Dugongs lol

DIEHARD

----
The resolution is for the best.

As for names, ones that are being looked at are.

Gladiators, Bulls, Pirates, Titans and a few others.

These are ones left over from the last poll, possibly they will have added a few more to that list.

I like Gladiators, Pirates and Titans.

If they were the Pirates, you could see a lot of skull and cross bone flags in the stands.

bender

Juniors
What about the Gold Coast Gamblers? When i think of the Gold Coast, i think of the Conrad Treasury. Would be pretty good to hear 20000 Gold coast fans singing Youve got to know when to hold em Know whent to fold them, know when to walk away, no when to stay.

DIEHARD

----
Speaking of which who remembers when there was whispers of the old Gold Coast team being taken over by Conrad Jupiters and being called the "Jupiters".

mud n blood

Juniors
hahaha :lol:

I could see the "ka-ching" sound of pokies being played over the PA like the Bwoncos do with the pov whip and horse sounds ....