What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greece v Serbia - 28/10/06

roopy

Referee
dorcolrugby said:
I remember, when I wrote somewhere that Serbia will play v Greece, that someone said that they will demolish us. I said, "OK, but we are going to play". The thing that I wanted to say then proved to be true on Saturday. Young Serbian players were so excited and highly motivated and honoured to play versus Michael Korkidas, one great professional and player, and other Aussie-born Greeks (and locals, of course). Of course, if John Skandalis played, the difference would be probably higher, but we would still play. And there were 5 players from this year U19 Euro Nations Cup and 4 debutants (in full 13-a-side game) in Serbian team.

Here are some shots.
PA280143-400x300.jpg

Fig.1: Dalibor Vukanovic converts for 12-10 for Greece
PA280144-400x300.jpg

Fig.2: Soni Radovanic broke the defence, but caught by Greeks
PA280146-400x300.jpg

Fig.3: Vukanovic usually ended Serbian sixth attack
PA280153-400x300.jpg

Fig.4: Soni Radovanovic scores final Serbian and match try in 79th minute
PA280165-400x300.jpg

Fig.5: picture for hystory, after awarding the Orthodox Cup

otag

Juniors
im presumin that serbs and greeks are mainly orthodox?

and the maltese and lebanese are both originators of the phoenicians?

dorcolrugby

Juniors
There is a long intinerary story on two pages about Greece Tour from Serbian point of view on Serbian Rugby League forum. It is wrote in Cyrillic, but there is a lot of pictures, and I hope that very soon they will write in English, too, so you could understand what did Serbs do in Athens last weekend.
Greek player from Rhodes posted a lot of his pictures on Greek web-site.