What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green Machine Game

Card Shark

Immortal
The last 10 games have gone to the away team, amazing stat really.

Don’t know why they play so well up our way as even when they going shit, they beat us.

Striking a bit of form, hope we can buck the trend.

Card Shark

Immortal
He did hurt himself but I’m not sure about that? 1 week out will suffice. He’s a fairly consistent player but seems to rise against us @ Shark Park, much like the rest of the team.

Stake Removed

First Grade
CANBERRA coach Ricky Stuart has conceded it could be season over for his captain Jarrod Croker in another blow to the Raiders’ NRL finals aspirations.
The star centre was taken from the field late in the first-half of the 38-12 victory over North Queensland because of a dislocated knee he aggravated in only the seventh minute of the game.

Croker went down early in Saturday night’s clash, before medical staff strapped his knee and he attempted to play through the pain but it became too much after about 30 minutes.

It is the same injury he suffered in last year’s All-Star match, which saw him miss the start of the season
“It was disappointing losing our captain. I don’t know what the extent of it is but it doesn’t look good,” Stuart said.

“I suppose the medicos will be able to explain it better, but they need to look at why the knee cap keeps popping out, so hopefully it’s not too bad and doesn’t need an operation, if he does then it’s season-ending.”

Vin Fizz

Bench
Braved minus 3 last night to go to the cows mucus match. They are a genuine threat because they have Josh Hodgson. He is an out and out gun and makes that side 10 times better. I don't think they'll miss Croker too much. We need to stop Hodgson, Cotric, Austin, Papalli. Rapanna and to a lesser degree Sia Soliolla. Very dangerous game for us. They are a far better side than 9th on the ladder now.

Card Shark

Immortal
They are mentally weak so sustained pressure should see us win.

I’ll be happy with croker not being there as he’s their most consistent player.

Edit: Vin, you deserve a medal!

coolumsharkie

Referee
They play 6 out of 7 top 8 sides and are 2 games out f the 8. Cannot see them doing a 2016 this year, they have some real shit unforced plays in them still. I think we will beat them this time.

Vin Fizz

Bench
You know what they say Cardy, there's no such thing as bad weather, there's just the wrong fecking clothes. Hehehe. My girl was dancing with her troupe in the pre game entertainment so the whole family went. I must say, ive been to lots of games at Bruce but that was far and away the coldest. No medal for me but the little girl can have one.
Anyway back on topic, the Mucus need to win 6 from 8 to get to 30 point which is historically enough to make the 8. BUT this year I wonder weather it might be as much as 32. 8th place is 22 already I think with 16 points up for grabs. If the 8th placed team win just half their remaining matches they will get to 30. If they get just one more ie 5 from 8 then 8th will be on 32. That's the Mucus' biggest worry imho.

Card Shark

Immortal
Their for & against is far superior to Brisbane’s, so they are effectively only 3 points behind.

carinashark

First Grade
Ben ,I just cannot see the NRL being successful in the USA. Other than for the 4am kickoff! There is so much sport on in the US, and it’s well produced and promoted .Our NRL is just not in the same level. We have to stop wasting money on exhibition,one off type games in Colorado or Texas. The only thing going for us is that NRL is a right to left , rectangular field game,ie easy to understand , unlike AFL which is useless TV.

King Ben

Juniors
Ben ,I just cannot see the NRL being successful in the USA. Other than for the 4am kickoff! There is so much sport on in the US, and it’s well produced and promoted .Our NRL is just not in the same level. We have to stop wasting money on exhibition,one off type games in Colorado or Texas. The only thing going for us is that NRL is a right to left , rectangular field game,ie easy to understand , unlike AFL which is useless TV.

Yeah you’re right. Toronto have the right idea with their UK Championship side. An intimate venue, a range of food and beer stalls and a 7k crowd is considered a big success. Almost like Henson Park when they do a Jets game during the food festival. A team like that would probably work here in NYC but I can’t see sending a Souths game over here for round 1 would be anything other than a disaster with lots of money down the drain.

You’d be better off putting money towards a regular Australia v Tonga test in Hawaii to attract the islander audience there but we know the NRL’s attitude toward the international game.

ANYWAY. Long story short the kickoff time is annoying to everybody except me.

Latest posts