What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green throws down gauntlet to Mundine

andrew057

First Grade
These days Danny talks more sh*t than Anthony and fights more pensioners than he does as well. For such a staunch opposer of Anthonys career, Danny sure looks like a hypocrite now. Why isnt he calling Chad Dawson out?

sydraider

First Grade
They are both sh*t, gave up on watching either of them a long time ago, glad to see there are still a few suckers interested in the three ring circus out there.

fourplay

Juniors
Anthony Mundine has no credibility whatsoever.

Surely, he had to go the USA and fight some decent fighters. He would never have won a credible world title fighting real boxers in the USA but he may just have gained some respect and credibility.

He may call himself a world champion, world champion within Australia that is about it. Outside of Oz he is a nothing and does not rate a mention.

He has made some decent coin fighting with Australia but as for being remembered as a boxing great, I don't think so.

I have nothing against Mundine but in boxing circles he is a joke.

It's all relative.

The only way ppl can really say Mundine sucks is by comparing him to boxing greats. And if you have to do that then it's pretty obvious he's not such a bad fighter. Sure he is not de la Hoya or Floyd Mayweather, but as for him being a joke, he is a world champion. Mundine would have the respect of any boxing trainer in the world for what he has accomplished.

Jimbo

Immortal
It was pretty ironic to see Green cop a coward's punch in the first round

Valheru

Coach
Mundine won that fight but it was absolute justice green was announced the winner after copping a coward punch.

Green was deadset knocked out for 3 rounds and the ref probably should have stopped the fight. The fact green continued os testament to his toughness

Pommy

Coach
People saying it was clearly Mundine must have been watching a different fight.
They certainly pulled 98-90 out of their arse but match was anyone's.
I felt after the dog punch in the first round it was always going to be hard for Mundine to win on points.
The real heros were all the people streaming it on Facebook live

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Na lets go fight VI, who can hit the stoma bag......who can remember after 4 billion hits to the head, started without much to begin with.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Mundine won that fight but it was absolute justice green was announced the winner after copping a coward punch.

Green was deadset knocked out for 3 rounds and the ref probably should have stopped the fight. The fact green continued os testament to his toughness

I felt after the dog punch in the first round it was always going to be hard for Mundine to win on points.

Truly amazing how people choose to forget Green got deducted a point for elbowing

lingard

Coach

It was reported in the media that Mundine punched Green to the back of the head. A complete lie. He hit him on the side of the face. What happened was that the referee didn't call "break" - so Mundine (and Green) had every right to continue punching. But it sounds better the other way, eh? Coward's punch, my arse.

Valheru

Coach
It was reported in the media that Mundine punched Green to the back of the head. A complete lie. He hit him on the side of the face. What happened was that the referee didn't call "break" - so Mundine (and Green) had every right to continue punching. But it sounds better the other way, eh? Coward's punch, my arse.

Rubbish

The ref clearly called a break, that is why mundine was docked a point.

Truly amazing how people choose to forget Green got deducted a point for elbowing

The only thing truly amazing is how dragons fans continue to back this clown.

Green deserved to be docked a point but it wasn't in the same ball park as mundine. His dog hit was a case for outright disqualification.

OVP

Coach

How was that a coward's punch ? Hit him flush on the jaw. The filthy lies by Newscorp though, would have you believe it hit him in the back of the head. Mundine won that fight easy and was plain to see he is the far superior boxer. He may be a little past it now and a bit of a has been, but Green is a Never Was. Where did they get the judges from ? The United Patriots Front ?

magpie4ever

First Grade
Given each boxer was docked a point, I had Mundine winning by 2 to 3 points on the back of his jab.

A punch count would show that Mundine landed around 150 punches, Green about 50. Neither got into real trouble, both a over the hill, but the judging was a joke - it didn't make sense.

shiznit

Coach
Rubbish

The ref clearly called a break, that is why mundine was docked a point.

The only thing truly amazing is how dragons fans continue to back this clown.

Green deserved to be docked a point but it wasn't in the same ball park as mundine. His dog hit was a case for outright disqualification.
Rubbish...

I just watched it and at best the ref was late in calling the break...

And the ref didn't actually call the break correctly as he's supposed to touch both fighters when calling the break so they know the break is happening...

The ref clearly didn't touch Mundine at all...

Then there's the fact that Green had his hands down... one of the very last instructions a referee gives a fighter before a fight is protect yourself at ALL times...
not some times... and he doesn't say except for when I call break,,. He says at ALL times...

The fact the point got taken off proves nothing... it just looked like the ref was covering his own ass after realising he f**ked up when he didn't break them properly...

As for the decision... lmfao... I'm not sure of how the boxing commissions work in Australia... but I'm pretty sure if it was in Nevada there would be pretty strong grounds to get the fight result changed to a NC.

I haven't seen that since Pacquiao v Bradley... and this was worse than that IMO...

Latest posts