What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenberg

Balls deep is an appropriate description given the royal fisting we were given on Sunday.

Greenberg you are a sanctimonious little twat. As others have said the inconsistencies dished out by the NRL are breathtaking. Take them on flanno and lyall, play them tapes of Thurstons little rant ( far worse than any coach has ever said). Take them on on their continual and breathtaking "change the rules as they go along" culture.

What really got me convinced it was a stitch up was the reaction of Luke Lewis at full time. I was in bay 32 and after the hooter went Lewis pointed and yelled at Klein for a good 10 seconds or so. I've never seen him so Pearced off so I'll go with his views on this one.

Feck em boys and put a big freaking bucket out the front of the leagues club and I'll chip in.

Greenberg is under immense pressure.

He has been a complete cockup in his role.

He still has not settled with the players union.

Crowds were down all year and down by 33% from last years first final figures.

Refereeing is at an all time low.

He is shyte scared it will f**k up the finals so he's trying to shut down talk of refereeing deciding matches.

Todd do us all a favour and resign.

You are way out of your depth.

You were an average Club administrator and a atrocious leader of the NRL.

Surely

Post Whore
Greenberg is under immense pressure.

He has been a complete cockup in his role.

He still has not settled with the players union.

Crowds were down all year and down by 33% from last years first final figures.

Refereeing is at an all time low.

He is shyte scared it will f**k up the finals so he's trying to shut down talk of refereeing deciding matches.

Todd do us all a favour and resign.

You are way out of your depth.

You were an average Club administrator and a atrocious leader of the NRL.

Thurston claimed after the match that New South Wales' lack of State of Origin success was filtering through to retribution in NRL games, with the Cowboys on the receiving end of poor refereeing decisions in two consecutive years of finals.

"You can see it, I'm not the only one that can see it, it's there for everyone to see," Thurston told reporters.

"While Queensland dominate at State of Origin level, New South Wales is crying out for something and they seem to be getting it.

I have spoken with both Johnathan and Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain, who have each given an assurance that the comments were not directed at the administration or the officials.

NRL's head of football Todd Greenberg

"It's what the media wants, and fans in New South Wales want - South Sydney and Roosters grand final.

"If you're playing for a team outside of Sydney you're fighting up against it, no doubt about it."

But the NRL's head of football Todd Greenberg says no action will be taken against Thurston for his remarks.

"There is a distinct difference between the comments themselves and some of the interpretations placed on of those comments," Greenberg said in a statement.

"At no stage was there a reference to the integrity of the officials.

"I have spoken with both Johnathan and Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain, who have each given an assurance that the comments were not directed at the administration or the officials.

"We have also fully reviewed the comments by Neil Henry and do not believe that they contravened the policy.

"The policy allows for coaches to express their disappointment at decisions and we respect that right.

"What does cause an issue is when a coach or player questions the integrity of an official or engages in ridicule or excessive criticism."

Referees Cechin and Perenara were both dropped for the second week of NRL finals.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-17/thurston-wont-face-sanctions-over-conspiracy-remarks/4963856

This one !

Surely

Post Whore
Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy has no regrets over post-match criticism of NRL referee Ashley Klein, revealing he didn't air all of his concerns.

Bellamy made it clear on Wednesday there was no sense of schadenfreude after Klein was demoted to NSW Cup, having made a handful of controversial decisions in Storm's 32-30 loss to Newcastle.

After the defeat, Bellamy said Klein "obviously doesn't like the way we play our footy" and that every time he officiates Storm they "are on the wrong end of the penalty count".

The club wrote to the NRL on Monday, seeking clarification and raising concerns about a number of issues related to the refereeing of the match.

Bellamy expected to discuss those issues with NRL referees boss Tony Archer on Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/08/13/it-was-time-i-made-stand-bellamy

Surely

Post Whore
North Queensland coach Paul Green looks certain to be the second NRL coach whacked with a $10,000 fine this week after spraying the officials following his team's loss to Melbourne.

The Cowboys mentor was furious after his side's 26-8 loss at 1300SMILES Stadium, with his dissent looking likely to see him join Dragons coach Paul McGregor on the league's list of debtors.

North Queensland's chances against the ladder leaders took a major blow in the opening 10 minutes when they lost starters Gavin Cooper and Antonio Winterstein to game-ending injuries and little went their way from that point.

A series of 50-50 calls from Ashley Klein and Alan Shortall seemed to go against the home side on Friday night and Green didn't mince words in his assessment of their performances.

"That was the worst bloody refereeing display I have ever seen tonight," he said.

"There were some dead set calls that I had to ask my assistants 'what was that for?'

"I just thought it lacked consistency.

"I'm not one to shift the blame away from our performance, but I thought the fans deserved more than that."

The 2015 premiers were already battling a mounting injury toll with co-captains Johnathan Thurston and Matt Scott out for the year and a major injury reshuffle cruelled their hopes against a classy Melbourne outfit.

Injuries aside, an incensed Green was livid with the treatment of his team and went as far as blaming the refs for tarnishing the entire contest.

"There were two quality teams out there and I was left scratching my head at some of the calls," he said.

"Melbourne were the better team on the night, there's no doubt about it but ... it's just a shame the refs ruined the game."

Green pointed to a contentious knock-on call against Lachlan Coote that denied Michael Morgan a certain try and a questionable tryline penalty against the Cowboys as major concerns.

"I thought the one where we caught them in-goal, there's no way that was a penalty," he said.

"When you have two good teams you don't want those things to decide games.

"I'm not saying that happened tonight but it was a shame to see."

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-league/worst-ive-ever-seen-green-slams-nrl-refs-ng-s-1756281

Worst greens ever seen

Quigs

Immortal
It's a modern day thang with Greenberg. How many times do you see talking heads getting up on the screens telling all of us what we should think or react to what we our selves have just sat through and witnessed.

Have you ever watched a televised debate or a commentary type of show and right at the end of it a talking head pops up and tries to tell you what everyone involved has just said and why they said it. It is like you are to stupid to make up your own mind or have your own view of what you just witnessed and heard.

I think most of us have had enough experience of the game to form an opinion. Even if it is right or wrong. If the refs are pathetic then they should be called out for being pathetic. How munch money do they get for doing a game for farkss sake.

The money the poor supporters are expected to pour back into the game by way of tickets, merchandise (don't get me going about home and away strips - comic f**king round jerseys - special event jerseys etc) - then they are entitled too and deserve better.

That idiot talking head Greenberg should be speaking up for the Supporters as well. Is he concerned about the dwindling numbers? More worried about getting down on his knees to Gyngell and Co from Channel Nein.

Is the push still on to get all Syd-a-ney games played at the big city stadiums.

Inferno

Coach
What a f**king joke.

I'd fight it as publicly as possible. f**k them. Clubs aren't allowed to comment on the performance of match officials yet press conferences are mandatory.

This is a big shift from the prior criteria which was commenting on the integrity of match officials.

sandshark

Bench
I'd be fighting the fine. If they want clubs and people to grow up, then they should make every club, player and coach have equal rights and justice.

It would be f**king fantastic if someone with a big name in the media did a piece or documentary about how certain clubs and players are shown to be given a higher footing on the game with statistics and friendships.
It would open up a huge can of worms.

Latest posts