What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis backs Damien Cook for how he got us going

alien

Referee
I think Farah will do better than what both McInnes and Cook did last year. I'm glad it was Cook who Madge chose to keep as the backup hooker instead of McInnes.

doyen

Bench
Kyle Turner and Jason Clark are unable to bend the line according to R20 and Shadow yet their gun runner from dummy half had less line breaks than either player, in fact he had zero. Even Neilson and Oldfield rank higher than DC. Just goes to show how deluded both are when it comes to some players. Neither has put up a decent arguement in Cooks favour apart from "he passes well from dummy half" which i think you'll find nobody is actually arguing. That is good enough to be a good state league hooker but in the NRL that is pretty standard.

I don't disagree that he was a better fit than McInnes but that just goes to show how poor our situation was at rake. Robbie Farah is an epic improvement on last years position and replacing him with DC during a match is like replacing milo with kale.

Zeroman's passing game is nothing out of the ordinary--I remember a few super-dodgy passes under pressure last year--a couple straight over the heads of players & over the side-line!!
One pass lobbed up about 10ms into the air to a poor bugger outside of him.
The recipient was under it like he was defusing a bomb & got well & truly creamed for his trouble!!

Zeroman is not good under pressure!!

He would have been better plugging away at trying to make it as a half or FB---he's too much of a dandy for the heavy exchanges. I reckon he'll be the target for opposition forwards in defence;if he gets a run!!

Sths should encourage Farah to play 80 mins & play another big forward off the bench!

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oi r20 a few on here have no idea mate maybe they have knocked down a dozen stubbies whilst posting these delusional rants...Shadow...Are they for real R20?Or are they just geeing us both up?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Kyle Turner and Jason Clark are unable to bend the line according to R20 and Shadow yet their gun runner from dummy half had less line breaks than either player, in fact he had zero. Even Neilson and Oldfield rank higher than DC. Just goes to show how deluded both are when it comes to some players. Neither has put up a decent arguement in Cooks favour apart from "he passes well from dummy half" which i think you'll find nobody is actually arguing. That is good enough to be a good state league hooker but in the NRL that is pretty standard.

I don't disagree that he was a better fit than McInnes but that just goes to show how poor our situation was at rake. Robbie Farah is an epic improvement on last years position and replacing him with DC during a match is like replacing milo with kale.
He gets the forwards on the front foot. Cook is sharper which makes a big difference. Cook has a kicking game too. He is an attacking style of hooker which is what we need.

Cook also is pretty good defensively imo.

Where did I say Clark didn't bend the line???? That's Shadow. Clark currently is not on my dud list.

Cook is in for a good season too.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
He gets the forwards on the front foot. Cook is sharper which makes a big difference. Cook has a kicking game too. He is an attacking style of hooker which is what we need.

Cook also is pretty good defensively imo.

Where did I say Clark didn't bend the line???? That's Shadow. Clark currently is not on my dud list.

Cook is in for a good season too.

truth telling at its best bravo bravo bravo.....Shadow....

doyen

Bench
We do have another No.9 in our squad in Brad DEITZ who has just been appointed v/capt.of the BEARS.

Ben GARDINER,the Bear's coach, describes him as a super competitive player with electrifying speed!!

He was an Aust. Schoolboy!!

southsport

First Grade
We do have another No.9 in our squad in Brad DEITZ who has just been appointed v/capt.of the BEARS.

Ben GARDINER,the Bear's coach, describes him as a super competitive player with electrifying speed!!

He was an Aust. Schoolboy!!

Not this year doyen but gee he must be in the mix from 2018 onwards.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
cook and farah wont be displaced as the no9 at souths for awhile i predict...possibly next year if cook goes to hooker then robbie can play lock....sutto may play on in 2018 it would not surprise me....time will tell...

alien

Referee
if sutto signs for 2018 he'll have a chance to play 300 games for souths. hopefully he doesn't get injured again

alien

Referee
There's no way Farah will play lock! We have a top-line young player waiting in the wings to play lock in Cam Murray!! They're both 90 kgs!!
Murray only turned 19 last month. I think he'll be in the Under 20s this year. If Sam Burgess needs a rest during games then I think Clark will play a bit at lock.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
there is no reason why farah cant fill in at lock and rotate cook at no9 when needed i prefer farah and cook on the park at the same time in my view......robbie has played in other positions in his career not just in the 9 jumper...Shadow...