What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis out for 6 months?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I just can't believe it. We've had no luck since 2014

callmack mate no no no no wrong.......we are using turner and tyrrell and clark far more times in the run on side since 2014 just the loss of mcqueen and especially teo has sunk us in the forwards dept from 2014,buying grant and stewart was a joke and losing nathan brown was a big loss in my view!!!!!just ask r20 and sstid they know i am right...by using these 3 dud forwards with lots of playing time for this year and since 2014 we were doomed and my mate said this many many a time but many on here either cant see it or just dont want to believe the true facts....Shadow...

callmack1

Staff member
callmack mate no no no no wrong.......we are using turner and tyrrell and clark far more times in the run on side since 2014 just the loss of mcqueen and especially teo has sunk us in the forwards dept from 2014,buying grant and stewart was a joke and losing nathan brown was a big loss in my view!!!!!just ask r20 and sstid they know i am right...by using these 3 dud forwards with lots of playing time this year and since 2014 we were doomed and my mate said this many many a time but many on here either cant see it or just dont want to believe the true facts....Shadow...
I ment with injuries

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
ok callmack bring on the youth becoz thats all we got i wonder if sam johnstone from our junior ranks can fast track?we need a mongrel like marty taupau to help out the 3burgi"s with musgrove....tyrrell.clark and turner are not cutting the 1st grade mustard for ffs....Shadow....cant you all see that ....im livid hard to calm down....what the hell is in madge"s head today????

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
last nights game was like the tigpies were 1st grade and we were a C grade side they were far too fast and focused bring on burns and hopefully jennings can fire up?We need to poach a couple of real 1st grade players by mid year who is our recruitment officer?my mind is clouded by shock.....wake up madge and souths your a joke what the hell are you doing start sacking the duds or hit rock bottom....or maybe you dont realize they are duds like others on here???fug me....Shadow.....

callmack1

Staff member
It is going to take me a while to get over this news. Some of you might think i'm over reacting but it's true. I'm really down in the dumps now, worst possible news.

Pommy

Coach
Inglis f**ks his knee and it's Tyrell, Turner and Clarks fault, obviously.
It's like a f**king broken record.

callmack1

Staff member
Inglis f**ks his knee and it's Tyrell, Turner and Clarks fault, obviously.
It's like a f**king broken record.
It's no one's fault. An injury like that is purely bad luck. That's what makes it so hard.

Pommy

Coach
It's no one's fault. An injury like that is purely bad luck. That's what makes it so hard.

Yeah I understand that but obviously others don't which is why every topic devolves in to bagging the same GF winners.

southsport

First Grade
It is going to take me a while to get over this news. Some of you might think i'm over reacting but it's true. I'm really down in the dumps now, worst possible news.

Just watch the supercars, the Giz or Scotty Mac might cheer you up.
download (1).jpg

doyen

Bench
I feel your pain 100%.

Unfortunately GI was building up to this!

He's been carrying chronic knee & hip problems for a few years now.

Having a dickie hip affects your knees & vice-versa as one sub-consciously favours one or the other.

His seriously heavy workload for Aust., SOO & topped off by his load with Sths has hastened his demise.

We've seen GI's light slowly fading over the past season & we must face the fact that he'll never be the scintillating player he once was due to injuries & age!

It's a bloody bummer but we have Burns to take over & prove he has the mettle to do the job.

GI has mentored this kid for a couple of years now so he's in a posse to pass on valuable stuff to Burns!!

AJ is better suited to the wing.

Sam's welfare is a worry too,IMO & he needs to be nurtured to a degree-----I don't think he can bash himself for 80 mins week in & week out & survive---we need George,Tom & the others to step up!! Tom & George are big boys & should be tough & intimidating,but alas,they are of the cream-puff persuasion!!!

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade

What's annoying is that I don't know what he was doing up there trying to tackle the opposition fullback, he should have been dropping back.

souths_reborn

Juniors
Unfortunately GI was building up to this!

He's been carrying chronic knee & hip problems for a few years now.

Having a dickie hip affects your knees & vice-versa as one sub-consciously favours one or the other.

His seriously heavy workload for Aust., SOO & topped off by his load with Sths has hastened his demise.

We've seen GI's light slowly fading over the past season & we must face the fact that he'll never be the scintillating player he once was due to injuries & age!

It's a bloody bummer but we have Burns to take over & prove he has the mettle to do the job.

GI has mentored this kid for a couple of years now so he's in a posse to pass on valuable stuff to Burns!!

AJ is better suited to the wing.

Sam's welfare is a worry too,IMO & he needs to be nurtured to a degree-----I don't think he can bash himself for 80 mins week in & week out & survive---we need George,Tom & the others to step up!! Tom & George are big boys & should be tough & intimidating,but alas,they are of the cream-puff persuasion!!!
Greg Inglis' injury was purely unfortunate; it had nothing to do with his workload or his existing injury problems. What occurred could have happened to anyone of the 26 players on the field at the time. I also don't buy the fact that his star is starting to fade; how is it that he managed to perform magnificently on the biggest stage i.e. for the Kangaroos, Queensland and All-Stars? The people who say Greg Inglis will never be the same need to realize that Greg Inglis was never lightening quick or a side stepper to begin with; mobility was never his thing. Inglis' biggest attribute was his strength and his ability to beat people one on one. So I don't think he is done and dusted at all.

As for Inglis' replacement, I'd be very hesitant about throwing a rookie into the fullback position; Alex Johnston at least has experience in that position and has played well there before. I'd be giving him first crack at the fullback spot and bringing Braidon Burns on the wing.

doyen

Bench
Greg Inglis' injury was purely unfortunate; it had nothing to do with his workload or his existing injury problems. What occurred could have happened to anyone of the 26 players on the field at the time. I also don't buy the fact that his star is starting to fade; how is it that he managed to perform magnificently on the biggest stage i.e. for the Kangaroos, Queensland and All-Stars? The people who say Greg Inglis will never be the same need to realize that Greg Inglis was never lightening quick or a side stepper to begin with; mobility was never his thing. Inglis' biggest attribute was his strength and his ability to beat people one on one. So I don't think he is done and dusted at all.

As for Inglis' replacement, I'd be very hesitant about throwing a rookie into the fullback position; Alex Johnston at least has experience in that position and has played well there before. I'd be giving him first crack at the fullback spot and bringing Braidon Burns on the wing.
s9BPRAVHC-E -----GI never quick--please observe the video!! Please note the commentators saying nobody ever catches him!
AJ has proven beyond doubt he is a better winger than FB! I would keep him there.

Unfortunate injury????? Have you noticed that GI has been clutching at his knee on a regular basis for the past season or two???
His knee has been problematic for some time now!! It didn't just happen out of the blue or really come as a shock!!
In nearly all those video highlights above he has a knee strapped--I take it;to protect a weakened knee!

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I feel your pain 100%.

callmack take it ezi mate if madge picks r20's and my line up we can put on a good showing for rd2 but we do need changes and as of from rd2 youth needs a shot such as burns and jennings,hopefully jennings will get a shot,wow wasn"t bryson goodwin a revelation something for the young ones to admire and learn from...P.S..oi r20 not many can see it but alien seems to see what changes that need to be made in rd2....... Shadow...
SOUTHS TOP 17
1. AJ
2. Burns
3. Hunt
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Cody
7. Farah
8. Musgrove
9. Cook
10. G. Burgess
11. Sutton