What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Griffen sacked!

blacksafake

First Grade
Gould has been rumoured lately as a candidate for the CEO role at the Dragons.

If Gould was unhappy with Griffin then McGregor would be shitting his pants if it proved to be so.

Bring it on I say.
Gould & Mary get on. Apparently they’ve been known to ring each other & “talk”

st penguin

Juniors
Any chance of a straight swap??
Maybe we’d have to throw in a kicker..... Widdop maybe!!

Given everything I’ve read in the last couple of hours...Griffin and Mary sound very similar. More of a straight swap than you would want.

Sowie had some interesting words to say tonight https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/06/penrith-sacks-griffin/

Tldr:
They did not get along - didn’t but like his style.
He reckons Griffin is a control freak like Mary was last year.

The Damo

Juniors
For the optimists like myself out there...
E79ACAC4-B158-49A5-970F-808060E3CFC5.png
RTP called Griffin as gone months ago - so while nothing on rugby league is certain, it’s enough to give some ray of hope.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I wonder if this forum has an opinion about sacking a coach four weeks out from the finals?!

It's only a good idea if we sack Mary, Penrith take him and pick up his salary leaving us free to get Jason Demetriou on board for the rest of the season and a few after that.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Gould has been rumoured lately as a candidate for the CEO role at the Dragons.

If Gould was unhappy with Griffin then McGregor would be shitting his pants if it proved to be so.

Bring it on I say.
Aha then Bennett does go to Penrith and we are at risk of ending up with Barrett if Gould became our CEO....The puzzle unfolds...

ouryears

Bench
Given everything I’ve read in the last couple of hours...Griffin and Mary sound very similar. More of a straight swap than you would want.

Sowie had some interesting words to say tonight https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/06/penrith-sacks-griffin/

Tldr:
They did not get along - didn’t but like his style.
He reckons Griffin is a control freak like Mary was last year.
Might be Fair enough what Soward said....BUT......He has become a look at me wanker himself.

jeffdragon

Bench
I’d take a recently deceased person over McGregor, so that’s not saying much.

Gould strikes again, which explains why I wouldn’t want a “football director” at our club.
Either you trust the head coach to run the place or you don’t.

Gould said nobody is bigger than the club .
Thats bulldust, He included himself in that

LINESPEED

Juniors
Meanwhile, at the Dragons crickets can be heard...

And we'll have the same Mc Softcock teamsheet Tuesdy as all the boys stick tight.
Stay loyal and nobody's sacked.

The house of cards

The guy needs therapy

Oh, and I see the lost junior blitzed the Storm lol & lol.
He'll win 'em the trophy.

Griffin lost the dressing room,

Mary keeps it by not sacking anyone - they're all on a long term promise.

It's their jobs, not the silverware, that matters.
Maybe Griffen should have taken the Panthers players up to Terrigal to get wasted with him, it’s a professional sport after all.

For the optimists like myself out there...
View attachment 22126
RTP called Griffin as gone months ago - so while nothing on rugby league is certain, it’s enough to give some ray of hope.

“As my last act as CEO of the Dragons I have initiated a season review after we lost the the first final, at its conclusion we will decide Paul McGregor is the best man to be the Dragons head coach going forward. People tipped us to come 14th you know”
Peter Doust November 2018

The statement is written and sitting on his desk now.

Latest posts