What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Griffin Vs Brennan 2018

OldPanther

Coach
I think it'll be fun to keep a thread on these two as the year progresses since there's been so much discussion.

Week 1: Griffin 1 Vs Brennan 0.

mxlegend99

Referee
We have a much stronger roster than Titans who will be rebuilding. There's something wrong if Hook doesnt destroy Brennan.

Titans are pretty much wooden spoon favorites. Or atleast were before they signed Cartwright.

If Brennan gets them to finish above the bottom 4 that would be a solid first season. They're alot like we were when Cleary arrived.

OldPanther

Coach
We have a much stronger roster than Titans who will be rebuilding. There's something wrong if Hook doesnt destroy Brennan.

Titans are pretty much wooden spoon favorites. Or atleast were before they signed Cartwright.

If Brennan gets them to finish above the bottom 4 that would be a solid first season. They're alot like we were when Cleary arrived.

I watch every game even if I have to record and watch around life stuff so will still get an idea of what he's like as a coach in comparison regardless of results. The tally is just for fun.

Abacus

Juniors
I chuckled when I saw the thread title.

As MX said, the 2 clubs are at very different stages in their rebuilds.

Still I think I'll be nervous when we play the Titans as I'd expect Brennan to have them up for those games at the least.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hook always did well against Bennett. But I think it was his former club as a whole had the extra motivation to beat him.

I think our boys will have the motivation to beat him as much as he does us. Bit of wanting to one up each other.

soc123_au

Staff member
Titans wont get the spoon. I am probably in the minority, but I'm expecting them to still be in the mix for the 8 in the round 25. Brennan has a knack of getting his charges to play well. In the lower grades it didnt seem to matter who came and went from his teams. They just powered on. 1st grade is a whole different game, but I truly rate him as a coach and am expecting big things this year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Titans wont get the spoon. I am probably in the minority, but I'm expecting them to still be in the mix for the 8 in the round 25. Brennan has a knack of getting his charges to play well. In the lower grades it didnt seem to matter who came and went from his teams. They just powered on. 1st grade is a whole different game, but I truly rate him as a coach and am expecting big things this year.

I think they are bottom 4. Defence looks non existent though won't get the spoon

mxlegend99

Referee
I think they have the weakest roster. But a few potential top 4 roster turns to shit pretty quickly with injuries to the wrong players.

mxlegend99

Referee
Actual NRL season it's 1 all.

Panthers coming back from 14 down
Titans coming back from 18 down.

Seeing our Panthers rejects beat Raiders in similar fashion to last year was good.0

snickers007

Juniors
Can we please expand this thread to be Griffin v Brennan v Cleary v Barrett?

Surely with the Tigers doing well and Manly destroying the Eels we now have even more proof that Hook isn't up to being an NRL coach.

franklin2323

Immortal

Surely with the Tigers doing well and Manly destroying the Eels we now have even more proof that Hook isn't up to being an NRL coach.

Yet we sit above all of those teams

OldPanther

Coach

It was more a tongue in cheek thing because he's just come from here into his first NRL job and he apparently was a promising coach.

It's a shame the club is such a basket case and he just lost his only good playmaker.

mxlegend99

Referee
Brennan wont grab many wins this year.

Barretts team put more points on Eels than we've ever put on a team under Hook

Cleary is the exact opposite and his side has won 2 games against premiership heavyweights based on defence.

For mine the ranking after 2 rounds would be:

Cleary > Barrett > Hook > Brennan

Although we have the best roster out of any of those sides. No reason we cant and won't beat them.

OldPanther

Coach
Griffin - 2

Arthur - 0
Stuart - 0
Brenno - 0

Griffin: Start better and keep winning!!! I can't afford to have a heart attack every week mate.

I tipped Eels on the weekend. That was the laziest footy I've seen and glad our boys don't give in like that.

Raiders are shot.

Poor Darth Brennan stuck with trash. Hope he does a good job rebuilding.

mxlegend99

Referee
Griffin - 2

Arthur - 0
Stuart - 0
Brenno - 0
Brennan has a win. He defeated the Raiders last week.

Cleary - 2 wins
Kearney - 2 wins
Griffin - 2 wins
McGregor - 2 wins
Brown - 2 wins

Outside of Cleary and possibly Brown those coaches are hardly well liked by their clubs fans either.

Arthur - 0 wins
Flanagan - 0 wins
Pay - 0 wins
Seibold - 0 wins
Stuart - 0 wins

Arthur and Flano you would expect to have registered a win by now. Stuart too considering they played Titans and Knights first up.

Latest posts