What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group C: France, Australia, Peru, Denmark

age.s

First Grade
Understand the disappointment, but again we really weren't that bad. We've been one quality striker away the whole tournament and it caught up with us. Peru were good too. Playing deep while hitting a team that they knew needed to attack mercilessly on the break. Would have liked them to go through over the arsey Danes.

Hard to know how we'll go under Arnie, but on this evidence I reckon we've got a good few years coming up. Sainsbury, Mooy, Rogic, Leckie, Behich and of course Arzani were all very good and will be the core of our next WC campaign. Still need a striker but a lot can happen in 4 years and dudes like Nabbout and McLaren should be enough for Asia. We've looked every bit as good as Japan and Iran in this tournament.

age.s

First Grade
Hope the Frogs and Danes get smashed in the second round for the Moscow handshake too.

Pommy

Coach
I really wanted to see Australia progress but the reality is after being out qualified by Japan and Saudi they had no business being at the world cup to start with.
They really need an overhaul, Timmy at 38 is not the answer to anything.

Smack

Coach
I can't take this cop out that we must accept mediocrity from our National team. They are not hero's and they failed.

David brown

Juniors
f**k it would of been nice to Have a striker like Viduka or even a prime Aloisi would of done the job..
Doesn't look good either we don't have any young fellas banging in goals at under 23s or 20s level... Might be a long time before we have someone decent up front...

I don't think I can take another International Competition with a plodders like Juric or Nabout leading the line...

Vozzy

Juniors
All the good sides in the world cup have a world class player they can build a team/game plan around. We need Arzani to become what cahill used to be an out and out goal scorer who has a knack of being a reliable goal scorer. Last night we had enough chances to score 3-4 goals if someone like Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, Kane or a Salah was on our team.

Australia dominated possession in the last 2 games and couldn't score. A team like Egypt couldn't dominate possession but Salah still scored 2 goals just shows where we need to focus on in future is upfront. I thought defence was better this world cup. The goals scored against us were quality strikes and a penalty.