What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group C: France, Australia, Peru, Denmark

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's always going to be a bit subjective but I think so. Sydney FC this year were one of the best teams I've seen in this country. Played some sparkling stuff with Mierzejewski in particular exceptional. Newcastle were up there too, dudes like Petratos and Nabbout aren't going to be in Australia for too much longer imo. The Melbourne teams and to a lesser degree Adelaide were all pretty good, particularly Victory who took the first 3rd of the season off. The bottom half was ordinary, though Popovic ditching the Wanderers so late makes it look a bit worse than it was.

I'd put it around the League 1 level mostly, with a team like SFC probably ok to survive in the Championship. Wouldn't have said that in previous years and imo that's about as good as a league in a country with our sporting landscape is going to get. It certainly better than most people give it credit for.
I'd be stunned if Sydney FC could survive in the Championship.

Syndey wouldn't have a player worth more than a few hundred k in the transfer market, which doesn't even qualify as chicken feed in the Championship now.

This is a league that regualrly sees players sign for 5-15m pounds now. Even a 5m championship player would be worth more than Sydney's starting XI.

Smack

Coach
Is it? In the three years I have lived here it feels like it has gone backwards.

And take it from a Pom who has probably watched football at the many levels they have in the UK. Our league is average and stagnant.

Smack

Coach
I'd be stunned if Sydney FC could survive in the Championship.

Syndey wouldn't have a player worth more than a few hundred k in the transfer market, which doesn't even qualify as chicken feed in the Championship now.

This is a league that regualrly sees players sign for 5-15m pounds now. Even a 5m championship player would be worth more than Sydney's starting XI.

They would be between League one and League two imo.

langpark

First Grade
Unlucky. Can someone please explain how Umtiti didn’t even see yellow? Should have at least been yellow, possibly red as It prevented a goal scoring opportunity for Jedinak.
Agreed, definitely a yellow.

More mind-boggling/infuriating is how Cahill got no match time!!! Almost makes me hope Aus lose if they are treat him like this for the whole WC!

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think if we concede another one the floodgates will open.

Honestly what has Robbie Kruse done since about 2013 to keep getting a run?

Danish

Referee
Robbie Kruse is absolute garbage. He’s an A league player that somehow conned a few German clubs into thinking he was worth something.

The fall in quality Australian players directly aligns with the creation of the A league. Too many tossers happy to be a big fish in a very small pond during their crucial developmental years instead of shipping off to Europe in their early teens like they should.

David brown

Juniors
f**k I hate Robbie kruse... Cant believe this merkin is still in the team plodding it up... f**k derp merkin...

Tommy Smith

Referee
Kruse is one of the worst players I've ever seen.

First touch of a rapist.

How he gets a gig over Arzani is a disgrace.