What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess what..? Barrett is back

Anonymous

Juniors
Barrett set to return for Dragons vs Panthers clash
www.leagueunlimited.com
08/06/04

St George Illawarra Dragons five-eighth Trent Barrett has been cleared to play in this Friday's clash with the Panthers at Penrith Stadium.

It will be his first game in eight weeks. Barrett injured his hamstring on April 18, also against the Panthers, at WIN Stadium when Saints defeated the visitors 44-18.

John Carlaw is also set to make a return after recovering from a minor eyesocket fracture against the Broncos two weeks ago.

The Dragons have pencilled in a six-man bench which includes Michael Henderson, who is yet to play NRL this season.

NRL (Rd 14)
v Panthers, 7.30pm

1. Ben HORNBY
2. David HOWELL
3. John CARLAW
4. Matt COOPER
5. Reece SIMMONDS
6. Trent BARRETT (c)
7. Mathew HEAD
8. Justin POORE
9. Mark RIDDELL
10. Lance THOMPSON
11. Tony JENSEN
12. Ben CREAGH
13. Dean YOUNG

14. Ashton SIMS
15. Michael HENDERSON
16. Aaron WHEATLEY
17. Lincoln WITHERS
18. Clint GREENSHIELDS
19. Bryan NORRIE
* Two to be omitted

Premier League (Rd 14)
v Cougars, 5.30pm

1. Nick YOUNGQUEST
2. Lee BENNETT
3. Wes NAIQAMA
4. Beau SCOTT
5. Andrew FREW
6. Daniel HOLDSWORTH
7. Lachlan RUSSELL
8. David TANGATA-TOA
9. Aaron GORRELL (c)
10. Brett WHITE
11. Stacey KATU
12. Michael HOWELL
13. Ryan POWELL

14. Wycliff PALU
15. Corey PAYNE
16. Aaron BEATH
17. Wade HUMPHREYS

Southernsaint

Staff member
Willow - you forgot to add: :roll: :roll: :roll:

At the bottom of your post.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Biglance

Bench
18. Greenshields
2. Howell
12. Creagh
4. Cooper
5. Simmonds
1. Hornby
7. Head
8. Poore
9. Riddell
14. Sims
11. Jensen
10. Thompson
13. Young

15. Henderson
16. Wheatley
17. Withers
19. Norrie

Chanandalar

Juniors
You mean he diddnt injure himself when he was sitting on his arse for a month doing nothing?
Dead set, give the man an award :roll:

Sticks

Juniors
Mickey_b said:
you guys play shiter than you do normaly with Barrett in.
hornby should be 5/8.

You must have a good memory, he aint played in basically 2 seasons.

Sticks

Anonymous

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Willow - you forgot to add: :roll: :roll: :roll:

At the bottom of your post.

Cheers,
Ben S.
Yes, its easy to to be cynical. I won't belive it until I see him run onto the pitch.

sleepy_jackson

Juniors
You guys obviously dont understand footy to suggest that barrett is a liability to the team. He is one of the best players in the game, and just because of frequent injuries u cant devalue his abilities, injuries happen! I believe their are other reasons for u lot disliking him, and that one word is choc. The whole 5/8 issue between choc (who was quite arrogant and showed no respect to barrett) and baz when the merger began. Get over it, its in the past, Barrett is a sensational player its just a pity hes been injured so often. The players we should be discontent with are riddell and kite and the many other players that have left the dragons for more lucrative offers even after we saved their careers or groomed them into the player they are. Barrett has shown loyalty and we must commend him for this, lance thompson is another example of showing loyalty to the club, remember no player is bigger than the club.

Anonymous

Juniors
Thanks for your opinion sleepy and I enjoyed your assumptions regarding 'understanding footy'.
Personally, I think Barrett is a great player but to fill you in, we have been subjected to press releases and media comments for the last eight weeks which say Barrett is set to return for the next match. Naturally, one becomes a little cynical after a while.

Saint 60

Juniors
Ill believe it when i c it....

We should christen him the Milkman -
hes never there, but is he>?

gggggrrrrrrrrr he should be learning how to kick goals while hes not there -
El Maz would wanna watch his step lol

Southernsaint

Staff member
sleepy_jackson said:
You guys obviously dont understand footy to suggest that barrett is a liability to the team. He is one of the best players in the game, and just because of frequent injuries u cant devalue his abilities, injuries happen! I believe their are other reasons for u lot disliking him, and that one word is choc. The whole 5/8 issue between choc (who was quite arrogant and showed no respect to barrett) and baz when the merger began. Get over it, its in the past, Barrett is a sensational player its just a pity hes been injured so often. The players we should be discontent with are riddell and kite and the many other players that have left the dragons for more lucrative offers even after we saved their careers or groomed them into the player they are. Barrett has shown loyalty and we must commend him for this, lance thompson is another example of showing loyalty to the club, remember no player is bigger than the club.

When did Mundine never "show respect" to Barrett?? He was, and probably still is, a class above Trent as a match-winning five-eighth.

Trent hasn't fulfilled his potential & doesn't justify his price-tag, IMO. This is causing Saints huge Salary Ccap problems & sooner or later Dousty & co, over a few ice cold Crown lagers, will have to weigh up whether it's worth having someone on so much money who's not a game-breaker in the half-a-dozen matches he plays each season.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
When did Mundine never "show respect" to Barrett??

I have to say I'm little curious about this as well. When it was that Mundine showed no respect to Barrett?

Sleepy, do you have a source on this?

Latest posts