What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess who I saw at Easts Leagues club.

Anonymous

Juniors
Oh dear... does this mean the penny has dropped? :lol:

Rooster Cogburn. said:
Willow said:
I prefer to call them the Cockerells... they got their inspiration for their jersey and colours from the French RL team anyway.

Now now Willow you know that isn't true.
Easts have been wearing red, white and blue since 1908. They did base their current jersey design on the visiting 1955 French team. The Rooster emblem however came about because as the Eastern suburbs was the first part of Sydney where the sun would rise it was also the first place in Sydney where Roosters would be heard crowing. (remember that back in the old days it was common for people to keep Roosters and chickens in their backyards). So there you have it. It blows the stupid French theory out the window. And remember that your former club St George bases it's colours and emblem on the English figure St George and his mythical
dragon.

What a load of rubbish.

Eastern Suburbs rugby league was formed in 1908 when famous French cyclist, Lucien Petit-Breton visited Bondi.

Lucien loved chickens... a little too much apparently... and he introduced a game called 'Kickingthecock' which was quickly adopted by the local Rugby Union guys who were often seen running up and down Oxford Street completely nude and kicking the living b'jesus out of some defenceless cock.

Being healthy Paddington lads, 'Kickingthecock' soon evolved into 'Handlingthecock' when another Frenchman, Jean-Baptiste Bonaparte grabbed the cock and ran with it... placing the battered object over the goal line.

The NSWRL, impressed with this display, invited Easts into the new Rugby League. But they told them to leave their cocks at home at it was deemed inhumane, cruel and quite unsettling.

Don't believe what they tell you at Easts Leagues... Lucien Petit-Breton is the true father of the Roosters... in more ways than one.

Here's a pic of your founder:
1907petitbreton.jpg

A little more trivia for you... Lucien Petit-Breton is actually the great grandfather of John Cleese.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Willow said:

Rooster Cogburn. said:
Willow said:
I prefer to call them the Cockerells... they got their inspiration for their jersey and colours from the French RL team anyway.

Easts have been wearing red, white and blue since 1908. They did base their current jersey design on the visiting 1955 French team. The Rooster emblem however came about because as the Eastern suburbs was the first part of Sydney where the sun would rise it was also the first place in Sydney where Roosters would be heard crowing. (remember that back in the old days it was common for people to keep Roosters and chickens in their backyards). So there you have it. It blows the stupid French theory out the window. And remember that your former club St George bases it's colours and emblem on the English figure St George and his mythical
dragon.

What a load of rubbish.

Eastern Suburbs rugby league was formed in 1908 when famous French cyclist, Lucien Petit-Breton visited Bondi.

Lucien loved chickens... a little too much apparently... and he introduced a game called 'Kickingthecock' which was quickly adopted by the local Rugby Union guys who were often seen running up and down Oxford Street completely nude and kicking the living b'jesus out of some defenceless cock.

Being healthy Paddington lads, 'Kickingthecock' soon evolved into 'Handlingthecock' when another Frenchman, Jean-Baptiste Bonaparte grabbed the cock and ran with it... placing the battered object over the goal line.

The NSWRL, impressed with this display, invited Easts into the new Rugby League. But they told them to leave their cocks at home at it was deemed inhumane, cruel and quite unsettling.

Don't believe what they tell you at Easts Leagues... Lucien Petit-Breton is the true father of the Roosters... in more ways than one.

1907petitbreton.jpg

A little more trivia for you... Lucien Petit-Breton is actually the great grandfather of John Cleese.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everytime I hear the Cock a Doodle Do Warcry go out from the handfull of fans, i always thru a ( Yeah, Any cock will do right )..

It stuns them every time, and the respsonse is usually.. uhhhhhhmmm

STSAE

Juniors
Stgillaman said:
Willow said:

Rooster Cogburn. said:
Willow said:

dragon.

What a load of rubbish.

1907petitbreton.jpg

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everytime I hear the Cock a Doodle Do Warcry go out from the handfull of fans, i always thru a ( Yeah, Any cock will do right )..

It stuns them every time, and the respsonse is usually.. uhhhhhhmmm

Hey Dim Sim remember what Alfie says???
"people in glass houses..........."

Everytime I hear the "Stain George" Warcry go out from the handfull of fans, i always thru a ( Cant Play )..

It shits them every time, and the respsonse is usually.. :evil: :cry: :oops: :shock: :x

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: