What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gunco

Noise

Coach
But really I think we can all agree that both French and Gunco are better fullbacks than wingers.
Which means the sensible thing to do is rediscuss the multi fullback formation

I was hoping this would resurface. Gutho, French, Norman, Hoffman, Jennings have all played first grade at fullback. Have Moses and Semi ever filled in there? We could technically have a whole back line of experienced fullbacks. If anyone can pull off the multi fullback formation it is us.

Thought he did! Someone tell Arfurz about this multi fullback formation!
I wouldn't worry. Sometimes ideas just reach critical mass and no force in the universe can stop them. Not even BA. Future generations will look back upon this time like we look back on the stone age.

84 Baby

Referee
I was hoping this would resurface. Gutho, French, Norman, Hoffman, Jennings have all played first grade at fullback. Have Moses and Semi ever filled in there? We could technically have a whole back line of experienced fullbacks. If anyone can pull off the multi fullback formation it is us.
I'm actually toying with a multi positional combination formation where every player plays a combination of positions at any given moment

Incorrect

Coach
I wouldn't worry. Sometimes ideas just reach critical mass and no force in the universe can stop them. Not even BA. Future generations will look back upon this time like we look back on the stone age.
Yep, I'm pretty sure a few posters around here haven't developed neurologically past cro magnan man levels...

Here's a picture of bartman, pou and of course the fellow on the right with the extra space between his steps is @strider

fallen_ones.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cro Magnon had greater brain capacity than modern humans. They reckon he was a bit of a Nietzsche style übermensch. But lacked the social inclination to form large hierarchical societies that allowed modern humans to dominate.

Incorrect

Coach
Cro Magnon had greater brain capacity than modern humans. They reckon he was a bit of a Nietzsche style übermensch. But lacked the social inclination to form large hierarchical societies that allowed modern humans to dominate.
So you're saying you find it hard to make friends...

Yes I know this. Tries from kicks aren't line breaks either. Anyway I was responding to the quote "might score more of their points from inside the 10m, so no LBAs needed"

LBAs are still often needed inside 10m

Sure, but they wouldn't be the target as much as much as outside the 10m. Pou's right when he talks about barging over.

If a cut out to a winger is an LBA, though, then you have a fair point. I wouldn't know if that is true or not.

Noise

Coach
Sure, but they wouldn't be the target as much as much as outside the 10m. Pou's right when he talks about barging over.

If a cut out to a winger is an LBA, though, then you have a fair point. I wouldn't know if that is true or not.

Yep, it is def counted as a LBA

Noise

Coach
What, technically, is an LBA?

Do I just have to poke through? Do I need to run 10m? Is there actually a definition?

If you pass it to a bloke who catches it and then runs through the defensive line. There is no set amount of metres you need to run. If a defender grabs on to the ball runner at or before the defensive line and the ball runner carries him a distance after the defensive line they don't usually award a line break / LBA. I know on Supercoach they actually award a line break even on a barge over try which is pretty dumb as they are basically award line breaks to any try except kicks. (but other sites do not).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There are grey areas concerning whether something is a linebreak or not so of course there are even bigger grey areas on what constitutes a LBA. This is why any given LBA is fairly meaningless (Nightingale was the best on ground because of LBAs derp!)

But what is not meaningless is LBA stats aggregated across a significant number of games (your idea of 'significant' may vary). That's why by the mid point of the season the blokes leading the comp in LBAs happen to be the best playmakers. It's not a coincidence.

Latest posts