What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus addresses Bryce Cartwright drama

bebo

Juniors
See, doesn't that feel better? Now I can fully understand your nonsensical reply and dismiss you as just another genius rather than an illiterate genius.
Now you are just being nasty madam. I hope you are the parent of healthy kids , I find that word offensive and anyone that uses it I consider morally bankrupt.

Big Mick

Referee
Sorry, but if you don't want to be a father, wear a bloody condom when you f**k someone. Cartwright seems a bit dim.

I wouldn't say he is dim but I do think he made a terrible error in judgement in trusting someone he shouldn't have.

Never trust when a woman says she is on the pill. Always protect yourself.

betcats

Referee
Either way this just needs to blow over, I'm sure the media is sensationalising the bullying side of it tho no doubt she was pressured but what does she expect? She was a consenting adult I'm sure she knew he was in a relationship and it's not illegal for Bryce to not want the baby. I very much doubt she is just some innocent girl being taken advantage of. No one can make her get an abortion, she choose to accept the money. I'm just disappointed that this has seemingly affected his form so much.

Fibroman

First Grade
Seems he was just a family friend willing to help out. But it was a serious mistake to have him act as the intermediary rather than a lawyer. The agreement drawn up does not preclude the woman from divulging the terms of the agreement, nor does it require her not to make the whole thing public via the media. This is very sloppy indeed and something that for a bit more money (the cost of a lawyer) would have been taken care of.

So sloppy is the agreement, it is perfectly obvious that the Panthers club were not involved. If the club were, they'd have seen to it that this was done properly. Cartwright's management should have questions to answer too as to why this was allowed to happen.

I'm not privy to the terms and wording of the agreement subject of this mess, so I won't comment on it. I tend to agree with you Frog, that the whole matter could have and should have been dealt with in a different and more professional manner. In saying that, I won't take a backward step when I say that it is my opinion that Bryce has simply made an error in judgement, as do a lot of young blokes. A young lady trying to cash in on this is an absolute disgrace. Whether or not you believe in abortion or not, which is a personal moral choice, this young lady ultimately made the final decision to terminate the pregnancy.

TheFrog

Coach
I very much doubt she is just some innocent girl being taken advantage of.
This was the initial impression I took from it. That she was some naive teenager who had nowhere to turn for help. The truth is very different. Mid 20's, university educated, works as a TV sports presenter in various countries for goodness sake. She runs rings around Bryce for both sophistication and rat cunning. One wonders if she was even pregnant.

Blues Riff

Bench
Fkn media are not interested in any other versions of events. They've already crucified the guy based on one side of the story.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
One wonders if she was even pregnant.

Come on. I get that you want to defend players at the club you support, but this is just silly. Why would you automatically leap to that conclusion but assume that everything Bryce contends is correct? No-one knows the true facts, so going around making such claims about the girl involved is just.... kind of icky, really.

Fibroman

First Grade
Come on. I get that you want to defend players at the club you support, but this is just silly. Why would you automatically leap to that conclusion but assume that everything Bryce contends is correct? No-one knows the true facts, so going around making such claims about the girl involved is just.... kind of icky, really.

Not exactly correct. There are some facts that we do know. We just don't know all the facts, and to be honest, I suspect the only people to know if the young lady was pregnant would be the young lady herself and maybe medical professionals involved in the process. I'm not aware if there were any paternity or DNA tests performed, so can't really comment if she was pregnant whether or not the child was fathered by Bryce.

TheFrog

Coach
It seems possible, but it's something that can never be proven either way. I haven't defended Bryce, I've been quite critical of his behaviour and his naivety.

Saying "one wonders" is different to "going around making claims".

BxTom

Bench
Well, if she was not pregnant it makes fools of Bryce and LZ for handing out $50k doesn't it?

Tom

TheFrog

Coach
Either way you are saying you claim that thing to be true. One is saying it is so, and the other is saying you believe it is so. I said I wonder whether something is the case, ie I don't know but it seems possible. Surely you can see the difference.

Doomednow

Bench
I couldn't give fewer shits about this. Bryce is a dickhead but most were at his age. Just play some decent footy.

Latest posts