What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus Gould New Ceo??

emack

Juniors
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/g...s/news-story/9f4532c33cfa02ed55d0b0c13ff9ebf7

"Meninga’s scepticism surrounding Bennett’s ability to work under Gould comes after the Panthers supremo was linked with a shock move to St George Illawarra to replace veteran chief executive Peter Doust, who is stepping down at the end of the season."

Have to think this one through, but at least he'd get rid of McGregor and get us a "real" coach.

Vinnie

Juniors
Gould will never leave Penrith he is a Penrith boy through and through commands too much respect and has too much power to ever leave.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Something big is brewing.

Maybe not Gould but something. Its been very quiet on many fronts including recruitment, ir any club updates. And seriously rehashing old news or trying to focus heavily on the Womens comp leads me to believe an announcement is immenent.

Even looking at McGregors statement saying "I know I'm a good coach" is in fact a defeatest statement, like he already knows his fate and trying to justify his position. It may have also infiltrated into the playing ranks given their playing performances over the last few weeks in particular. Add to that , is no-one in the senior playing group wanted to front the presser with McGregor on Saturday, only sending McIInnes.

Hopefully whatever news is forthcoming will be satisfactory to re-ignite our season and bring some hope to us beleaguered supporters.

st.phil

Bench
So Gus sacks a coach 4 weeks out only to leave the club in the off-season? Not even Des could pull that off - pure fantasy

Overseas dragon

Juniors

Maybe not Gould but something. Its been very quiet on many fronts including recruitment, ir any club updates. And seriously rehashing old news or trying to focus heavily on the Womens comp leads me to believe an announcement is immenent.

Even looking at McGregors statement saying "I know I'm a good coach" is in fact a defeatest statement, like he already knows his fate and trying to justify his position. It may have also infiltrated into the playing ranks given their playing performances over the last few weeks in particular. Add to that , is no-one in the senior playing group wanted to front the presser with McGregor on Saturday, only sending McIInnes.

Hopefully whatever news is forthcoming will be satisfactory to re-ignite our season and bring some hope to us beleaguered supporters.
ONE CAN ONLY PRAY THAT IS SO BEFORE THE TITANIC SINKS .....

That would imply that our slump is due to some news that has filtered through to the players, which would also imply the decision was made 5 weeks ago.
Even I wouldn’t look for a replacement coach while we were 2nd.

The 40-4 parra score may be an indication of when the news got through.