What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus Gould New Ceo??

Bench
Ex poli ?
Yes. There was a post on a Dragons page in facebook where he joined the group and someone posted congratulations to M I. He replied with a thumbs up icon
The thread was then taken down as nothing was official.
I asked the person who first posted about that and he swears the info was correct.
I am only going on what was said not what I know. But I thought it was worth posting.
If I am wrong forgive me and I will fall on my sword.

blacksafake

First Grade
Yes. There was a post on a Dragons page in facebook where he joined the group and someone posted congratulations to M I. He replied with a thumbs up icon
The thread was then taken down as nothing was official.
I asked the person who first posted about that and he swears the info was correct.
I am only going on what was said not what I know. But I thought it was worth posting.
If I am wrong forgive me and I will fall on my sword.
Not a problem 2010.
If you’re wrong so be, no need to fall on your sword. I appreciate yourself & others who share their info with us.
Anyway by all accounts he’s gotta be better than McDonald.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As long as there is no change of heart.
Things will get interesting

Geez Sammy, like me, are you getting that 'butterflies in the stomach' anticipation?

Almost makes you put the events of last weeks game behind us and wait with baited breathe for an over the moon type reaction.

There are a lot of rumours out there, none more so than the announcement is imminent, maybe as early as tomorrow.

FlameThrower

Bench
Former NSW premier and head of the successful Sydney Olympic bid
He was also the head of ASADA - if you recall the darkest day in sport fiasco. He would be highly respected though, hopefully can bring change and some corporate backers. First thing clear that NRL debt, and sort out the coach and support staff as we can only play for half a season before crumbling..

While I would appreciate Morris Iemmas business sense and connections I don’t know how much he knows about League?

But then again, look how running the joint as a league old boys club has turned out, so it’s gotta be worth a go.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
While I would appreciate Morris Iemmas business sense and connections I don’t know how much he knows about League?

But then again, look how running the joint as a league old boys club has turned out, so it’s gotta be worth a go.

OGB
While I understand what saying re football knowledge . The ceo need to no more about business than football imo.
If he a smart businessman he get the best team around him and let them run rhe footy side of the business. He will use his connections to bring interest and revenue to the club.
And of course a big broom or even a industrial vacuum to clean the place up.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Either Iemma or Fahey would bring a sense of dignity, professionalism, accountability and excellent oratory skills with them
Hard to imagine brain dead’s like our coaching staff could survive in that environment

st penguin

Juniors

I know you mean the business of league. But I do think he’s a fan.

From 2005...

PM, Premier to see Dragons take on Eels
UPDATED WED 17 AUG 2005, 12:21 PM AEST

Dragons fans Prime Minister John Howard and the new New South Wales Premier Morris Iemma will attend the St George Illawarra-Parramatta National Rugby League (NRL) game on Sunday.

The Dragons are looking at making it six consecutive wins, having not lost a match since their round 18 clash with Parramatta.

The game at Jubilee Stadium in Sydney has sold out.

Mr Iemma said he was hopeful the Dragons could win and draw level with the second-placed Eels on the NRL ladder.

"I hope so, they'd better, I still have recurring nightmares over the last grand final against Melbourne - we were up 14-0 and got beaten with some pretty crook decisions, too," he said.

Latest posts