What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus Gould New Ceo??

blacksafake

First Grade
At least we'll get a CEO who talks in real political tones not a CEO who tries to talk like a politician.

Gareth67

First Grade
OGB
While I understand what saying re football knowledge . The ceo need to no more about business than football imo.
If he a smart businessman he get the best team around him and let them run rhe footy side of the business. He will use his connections to bring interest and revenue to the club.
And of course a big broom or even a industrial vacuum to clean the place up.

Now your finally talking my kind of language Sammy - “ And of course a big broom or even a industrial vacuum to clean the place up “

The quicker the better I say , get rid of those old spiders :spider: who have built themselves a cushy nest in the boardroom for so many decades now , open the windows and allow the fresh air of change to blow into the place and take the Joint Venture into the 21st century , thus finally allowing the supporters of this club to taste the fruits of success.

Last edited:

Tuddy

Juniors
Morris Iemma has been pretty active on the Dragons Army Facebook page the last few days. He's obviously a huge St George fan and a fan of Bennett and has made it clear he thinks us not giving him a five year contract when we had the chance was a pretty stupid idea.

The only thing is the over the last few days I've noticed that he's wearing a LOT in his posts. He's also made it pretty clear he blames the Illawarra side of the board for a lot of what's gone wrong in recent times. This is particularly so in reference to Mary being our coach and having been given an extension.

My read based on the style of posts changing from super professional to irate fan is that he went close to getting the CEO job but hasn't got it. Let's see if I'm right.

Bench
Morris Iemma has been pretty active on the Dragons Army Facebook page the last few days. He's obviously a huge St George fan and a fan of Bennett and has made it clear he thinks us not giving him a five year contract when we had the chance was a pretty stupid idea.

The only thing is the over the last few days I've noticed that he's wearing a LOT in his posts. He's also made it pretty clear he blames the Illawarra side of the board for a lot of what's gone wrong in recent times. This is particularly so in reference to Mary being our coach and having been given an extension.

My read based on the style of posts changing from super professional to irate fan is that he went close to getting the CEO job but hasn't got it. Let's see if I'm right.
It was funny at one time on that Facebook page someone congratulated him on the appointment and he replied with a thumbs up icon. The thread was taken down and I was informed that it was taken down as the had been no official announcement.
So maybe you are right. We should know some thing very soon

That’s that sounds strange to me, it would be unlike the St George board to have one excellent candidate and one crap one and make the completely wrong decision.

Lewish33

Juniors

He's been swearing and going off for a while now. Big fan of Bennett

Tuddy

Juniors
It was funny at one time on that Facebook page someone congratulated him on the appointment and he replied with a thumbs up icon. The thread was taken down and I was informed that it was taken down as the had been no official announcement.
So maybe you are right. We should know some thing very soon
My bet is that it was that thumbs up which cost him the job. I can see the Illawarra side of the board saying "there you go, the guy can't be trusted to keep secrets" and pushing their own agenda even harder. He's made no secret that he's a St George man through and through.

Bench
Morris Iemma on the Dragons Facebook page has stated he did not apply for the CEO of our club. He actually posted A few times that he did not apply for the job.
So maybe his appointment was just fake news

Dragons 09

Juniors
Morris Iemma on the Dragons Facebook page has stated he did not apply for the CEO of our club. He actually posted A few times that he did not apply for the job.
So maybe his appointment was just fake news

Maybe he didn't apply for the CEO position, but after some string pulling and jockeying, his appointment is for Chairman of the Board which will be vacated by BJ so he can take on the CEO role o_O........meh, i got nothing!:D

blacksafake

First Grade
Better not be that manly CEO...he’s done wonders there....not
He did ok when at the Wanderers apparently, but have read where he didn’t make the tough decisions at the sharks or eagles which probably explains why the Wanderers fans got away with some much :poop: