What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus is of the humble opinion that it was a Penalty Try.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Gould is the mastermind behind NSWs triumph this season, of course he is going to be riding the result!

Unbiased commentary of an origin game? i've never f**king heard of it.

Sigh.

Who is complaining about bias? Read my original post and you'll see I believe that Gus' comments went beyond bias and into just angry buffoonery.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Well wtf are you whinging about? A caller got excited during origin....is that worth a big whinge is it?? Lol Nines commentary has been rubbish for years but thanks for pointing that out Capt. Obvious.
I guess the legions of people complaining about Wally, Locky and Fatty don't rustle your jimmies so much...

It's a topic posted for discussion. I didn't even post it. But I am discussing, Capt. Censorship.

Meth

Staff member
I really can’t fathom the thought process of anyone who doesn’t think it was a penalty try.

Like what would have needed to happen in their mind to actually award one?

Originally, I wasn't so sure because I guess I'm of the old school of thought that the try has to be absolutely inevitable, not just likely. But then somebody pointed out that the rule has been softened lately- and under the new ruling, this is 100% a penalty try.

OldPanther

Coach
Originally, I wasn't so sure because I guess I'm of the old school of thought that the try has to be absolutely inevitable, not just likely. But then somebody pointed out that the rule has been softened lately- and under the new ruling, this is 100% a penalty try.

Definitely. Because you can never be 100% sure. They could drop it, do an acl so it was changed to be more reasonable.

GongPanther

Referee
Gus has a rugby league knowledge base that far exceeds most others. His opinion on the matter was correct. I'm sure he lost sleep knowing some qlders were huffing and puffing about his delivery.

If you want bias and uninformed neanderthal opinion, watch Fox.
And the Sharks V Warriors game,Fox decided to dump the local (and pro vocal) NZ callers. Instead they had a couple of pinheads calling the game from Fox studios.

Latest posts