What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gutted when they left.

If this forum had been around in the 80's it would have gone into meltdown when we lost Michael O'Connor to Manly. Still pissed off about that.

My first and last was Michael O'Connor.

I was young and I was truly upset, for so many reasons. And f**king Manly?! Maturity ensued and life followed.

My favourite Saints will disappointingly leave, and it will usually be out of the blue.

Tallis stung.

Choc coming and going just confirmed it for me.

I go for Saints and then whoever plays for them.

St.George-Illawarra Dragons first.

It's one thing to talk about the leavers, but gosh darn it, how about we talk about the stayers?!

The blokes who wouldn't play for one of those other turds/jokers.

I was sometimes tough on Le Gaz, in retrospect I'm sure his beefs with contracts with the club were legitimate, but in the long run, he won a premiership and didn't wear another dirty ass jersey.

Special local juniors who are one club players are special.

That's why Jason Nightingale will always rate a better STI winger/prop/player than B. Morris.

One's played for the dirty dawg turds and worn that stinking blue and white rag, and one hasn't.

Mad love for Ben Creagh and Matt Cooper too. Probably forgetting someone. Dean Young, probably wasn't getting lucrative offers due to circumstances though. :wink:

Old Timer

Coach
I was born years after this bloke retired, but my goodness, what a freak! Insane athleticism and speed to burn..
Used to love Rex Mossop calling the games when Slippery played.
"It's out along the backline gone from Wynn to Johnson now they've given it to Morris oh boy he's gapped em, he's torn em to shreds, they want catch him, it's Morris under the posts."

saintsarealive1

Juniors
My first and last was Michael O'Connor.

I was young and I was truly upset, for so many reasons. And f**king Manly?! Maturity ensued and life followed.

My favourite Saints will disappointingly leave, and it will usually be out of the blue.

Tallis stung.

Choc coming and going just confirmed it for me.

I go for Saints and then whoever plays for them.

St.George-Illawarra Dragons first.

It's one thing to talk about the leavers, but gosh darn it, how about we talk about the stayers?!

The blokes who wouldn't play for one of those other turds/jokers.

I was sometimes tough on Le Gaz, in retrospect I'm sure his beefs with contracts with the club were legitimate, but in the long run, he won a premiership and didn't wear another dirty ass jersey.

Special local juniors who are one club players are special.

That's why Jason Nightingale will always rate a better STI winger/prop/player than B. Morris.

One's played for the dirty dawg turds and worn that stinking blue and white rag, and one hasn't.

Mad love for Ben Creagh and Matt Cooper too. Probably forgetting someone. Dean Young, probably wasn't getting lucrative offers due to circumstances though. :wink:

Geeze.....give it a break.

The other teams are just our competitors and also trying to do their best.

Its just a sport mate!

It's not life and death.. or family.

Calling other teams turds, jokers, dirty ass, stinking blue and white rag.....

Seems to me you have lost the spirit of the game and need to reassess your vitriol

Your comments turn my stomach

Maybe we are the greatest club.

But there are many clubs who make up our great game.

I think we should respect the game.

And yes....its just grassy field and a ball.

We love our team, and other supporters love their teams....its good to be passionate. ....but be kinder!

Geeze.....give it a break.

The other teams are just our competitors and also trying to do their best.

Its just a sport mate!

It's not life and death.. or family.

Calling other teams turds, jokers, dirty ass, stinking blue and white rag.....

Seems to me you have lost the spirit of the game and need to reassess your vitriol

Your comments turn my stomach

Maybe we are the greatest club.

But there are many clubs who make up our great game.

I think we should respect the game.

And yes....its just grassy field and a ball.

We love our team, and other supporters love their teams....its good to be passionate. ....but be kinder!
Obvious troll.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yes Jimmy they all do . You have to make a call on when you think a player is on the downward curve and some of the players you mentioned above such as Morris ( senior ) , Porter, Wilson Thompson, were called on this. The Fitsgibbon, Bailey , Morris bros decisions were not great but were money induced.

Morris Snr. played SOO the year before being booted by then coach, Roy Masters, in 1986.

If there hasn't been a more ludicrous decision in my time supporting Saints over 40-years, I'm yet to see it.

Latest posts