What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GWS hit a new low

Abz

Juniors
So the Victorians get done by West Coast by 100 points - 155-55. On top of that, they got the 3rd lowest AFL crowd since 1996 attending their home game.

They are on track to be the first team to have a winless season in 47 years.

Yep, things are looking good for Kevin Sheedy - and this moron reckons we need a 3rd team here! http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=420019

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see things getting much better in the near future for the club and the crowds.

The WSW would have a bigger following.

DC_fan

Coach
They have 5 of the top 7 lowest crowds since 1997

Should they relocate?

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
The GWS project is an abomination. The AFL should've made GWS trade away atleast half of those draft picks for more established players so they'd atleast be competitive in the short term. At the moment it's like sending the Australian schoolboys team to play in the NRL, all it'll do is make the young guys burn out

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The GWS project is an abomination. The AFL should've made GWS trade away atleast half of those draft picks for more established players so they'd atleast be competitive in the short term. At the moment it's like sending the Australian schoolboys team to play in the NRL, all it'll do is make the young guys burn out

thats what Shoddy said, next season they have to forget about draft picks for the future and recruit players at the peak of about 27 or so

2 problems there

Shoddy hand picked this squad so he cant blame anyone else and what decent player in their right mind would want to be part of this train wreck ?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Looking at their schedule they are a HUGE chance of going through the season winless; which would be FANTASTIC.

They have 13 games left. And of those, 9 are games in which they have absolutely no hope. Two more are very slim chances at home to Port Adelaide and away to the Suns. One is a home game against the Bulldogs which is 1/4 chance. And their best hope is a Rnd 19 home game vs the Demons which is about 1/3 i reckon.

But please go 0 and 22. That would be so funny.

gws is all about Vlads ego. Vlad is quite happy to spend millions more on his project yet as its not his money in the hope that they come good. As a Rugby League fan I'm happy for the fat man and his lackies to waste millions on a club that nobody really wants. If i was an afl fan of a heartland club with money problems and getting very little help from the fat man and his lackies i wouldn't be happy.

gUt

Coach
The AFL won't allow them to go winless. They'll engineer something, or some other club will tank hard.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Round 19 Melbourne will be looking to get some quality tanking in as per tradition so gws are going to win that one

Abz

Juniors
6.5k including players, officials, workers at the ground etc... Still, that's pathetic.

Paullyboy

Coach
I keep thinking of the chasers sketch leading into the Melbourne commonwealth games when they were paying people $20 to accept tickets to low drawing events.

Vlad will pay people to attend before e concedes that people simply don't like AFL.

Abz

Juniors
People still won't attend if he pays them. They just hate the game. That won't change anytime soon. If I was paid $10,000 to attend an AFL game, I might take it, HOWEVER, that won't make me like the damn sport or the team because I simply love Rugby League much better. And unlike Israel Folau, I would admit that I'm simply going to the AFL... for the money ;)

From what little I know ,this Scully bloke was supposed to be A Star,A GUN,Going to be a household name in WS.blah blah.
They signed him for big bucks ,& he is as useless as the rest of the team.

& this is where the AFL fan logic falls to pieces.
A young up & coming star does not for certain(as they think) turn into a star First grader.
They might have all the best young talent ,but how many will progress .
How many will get poached or drafted .