What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hall of Fame nominations

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Really happy to see Lyons(as pure a footballer as you will see), Stuart(so influential in club & rep footy) & Graham(a giant for NZ)inducted.

As they did with Meninga, no mention of Mark Graham's career in Brisbane. He was a key member of Brisbane Norths 1980 premiership win, a cinderella story. Club's first win since 1969. Also the near miss of the 1985 series against Australia for the Kiwis.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
hard to pick one over a few of those, a bloke that managed to stay at a high level over different eras with the game changing as well as having a record that will probably never be broken to his name sounds like the right type of name to add so i'd go with beaver

TheFrog

Coach
Panthers do get a player in there in Civoniceva. He was probably the only good thing Elliott did for Penrith.
He wouldn't have been nominated for anything he did at Penrith. He's not fondly remembered by the club's supporters, not considered a good signing considering the coin he was on, and whether people like McKendry and Grant benefited all that much from playing alongside him is debatable. Finally, he destabilised the playing group in his final days at the club, which had flow on effects with players like Lewis and Jennings.

He was a champion at the Broncos and for Queensland and Australia and deserves his nomination for that, but he should have stayed at Brisbane.

Panthers do get a player in there in Civoniceva. He was probably the only good thing Elliott did for Penrith. He definitely deserves recognition he was like cement on legs.
Worst signing in my 20 years being a fan of the club. We gave a prop rep halfback money and then played Luke Lewis at 7

typicalfan

Coach
Worst signing in my 20 years being a fan of the club. We gave a prop rep halfback money and then played Luke Lewis at 7
I’m not talking about the coin he was on or other selections that to me was on the coaching and front office that nearly killed the club. Not his fault Lewis played 7. He was clearly overpaid as he was basically pushed out of the Broncos. But guys like Luke Lewis attribute a lot to him.

Das Gupta

Juniors
So what happens to the 19 players that missed out can they be nominated again?
I read about the 3 strikes rule for the Immortals is it the same for the Hall of fame nominees?

So what happens to the 19 players that missed out can they be nominated again?
I read about the 3 strikes rule for the Immortals is it the same for the Hall of fame nominees?

I don't think so. The NRL and the RLPA looked at the NFL Hall of Fame as their model, and in the NFL you can be considered multiple times before being voted into the Hall of Fame. I mean how would it look (for example) if say Brett Kenny was inducted but Peter Sterling had missed out and could not be considered again as he's been previously considered "x" number of times?

The only limitations are on nominees to be an Immortal and they must firstly already be in the Hall of Fame and then can only be considered a maximum of three times. This is designed to make it a very exclusive club.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Mark Graham was a great player, however if he is in surely Mal Reilly should also be.

Do the judges memories only go back to the 80's.

He should be in ahead of Petero, Tallis or Menzies.

Last edited: