What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy to do my bit

Mambo

Juniors
I hope this post inspires some people to give that extra effort for the club. As most are aware, I come from the Northwest of Sydney (hence the name) and I almost never get the chance to get into the city, let alone Redfern.

But today I did my part for the club. I caught a bus from the northwest to town hall, walked to Hyde Park where I caught a bus to Moore park, where i arranged for a good souths mate to drive me to the leagues club. Once there, I spent $128.00 (20% members discount in september) on an Allight South Sydney home jersey (soon to have the number 21 on the back), after which I went to level 3 (I always thought it was level 4, but the button in the elevator said 3) and spoke to Leonie Gibbons who helped my renew my souths membership for my second year ($30) and I purchased a Thumper Club concession season ticket for $85.00 which means in total i spent $243.00 for south sydney. Now I don't think many of you realise it, but I am talking about spending almost every cent in the bank for south sydney. As a uni student, the money is very tight, but my club needs me and in my eyes the club comes first. My mate then dropped me at Bondi Junction station where I caught the train back to central and then caught a bus home. So there goes another $9 on public transport. I thought I might regret what I had just done, as the bank account was now bone dry. But when I got home and put on the jersey and looked into the mirror and saw myself in the mighty red and green, all the problems seemed to drift away into nothingness. Reflected back in the mirror was a smile from ear to ear. Never have I been happier with any purchase. I really truly felt like a part of this club, I felt I belonged (which sometimes seems hard when you don't live in the same area as what your club represents). I urge anyone who has been a bit lax in regards to helping out the club, to get on into the leagues club to reney memberships, buy merchandise, buy season tcikets, buy yourself a drink etc. To put things into perspective I could have just toddled down Windsor Rd, popped into Peter Wynn's and grabbed a jersey for a bit more than what I payed at the rabbitoh warren. But I knew I just had to buy at the rabbitoh warren, to fill the coffers of the club and not the coffers of an ex-parramatta football player. When I reflected on the day, I knew the club was now better off and while we aren't talking 6 figure sponsorships here, if everyone did their bit the club would be a lot better off. What I am talking about here is what every single souths fan should be doing. I now love my club more than ever. I am a part of it and it is a part of me.

Thanks for bearing with my me in this long message and reading to this point. I hope it was worth your time and got you thinking about what you can do. Bring on 2004 and remember, your club has never needed you more than in the period 2003/04/05.

"Never say die".

Steven Brien
Staunch South Sydney Supporter.

rastus

Juniors
Nice one NWR! I've spent around $700 in the last couple of weeks and I also go to the Leagues Club to get my gear (or order on-line). Once again a great post

RifRaf

Juniors
You poor sad human being NWR, don't give them more money to spend on Druggies, Has beens and drunks..... Give you money to the salvos so they can support them when the Rabbits fold....

Slugs

RifRaf said:
You poor sad human being NWR, don't give them more money to spend on Druggies, Has beens and drunks..... Give you money to the salvos so they can support them when the Rabbits fold....

RifRaf..Instead of puttingd shit on other teams why don't you support your own.......whoever that may be ..or are you to scared to put a team logo against your name!!!!!!

RifRaf

Juniors
Slugs said:
RifRaf said:

RifRaf..Instead of puttingd sh*t on other teams why don't you support your own.......whoever that may be ..or are you to scared to put a team logo against your name!!!!!!

Mate I support the Tigers and I do I'm currently on the offical forum, I just don't shit in my own backyard... You know the tigers where you get all your players and coaches from when they're washed up... As for having there logo up, I choose to have a logo that fits my feelings towards others best... I don't see your team's logo up for your avatar??
PS I love it when you get angry ;-)
PPS Do you want Nick Bradley Qawaila as well? We'll throw him in then you can be running around our 2002 team almost man for man.....

Tigerpete

Juniors
I got a better offer, I'll throw in Sam Obst AND NBQ in a 2 for 1 deal, cant complain about that. You said the club needs money we'll u guys will save money on a special limited time 2 for 1 deal.

RifRaf

Juniors
I think Terry Lamb wants another season too you blokes would be up for that wouldn't you??? Baa, Supercoach Langas and Tezza Hill back together at the Bunnies...... How good would that be???? And Owen sitting in the change room scoffing down his 23rd Big Mac.....

Tigerpete

Juniors
Only 23 Big Macs????? Is Owen on a diet????? Back to things of a more serious nature, Rumour has it Souths will negotiate contracts with former Tigers duds......Lee Murphy, Trent Runcimen and Lipina Kaufusi.....Langers is apparently keen as mustard to bring the trio in......Stating " This trio will bring a wealth of experience and know how to this proud club, there's no doubt the 3 guys will certainly leave their mark at souths this season"

Slugs

RifRaf said:
PPS Do you want Nick Bradley Qawaila as well? We'll throw him in then you can be running around our 2002 team almost man for man.....

RifRaf

Why is it that you feel we need all your left overs when we can beat your side now with the team we had in 2003.

Round One Souths 32 Wests-Tigers 22
Round Two Souths 18 Wests -Tigers 16

BTW I know now why you have such a bee in your bonnet with Souths......We never merged :lol: :lol: :lol:

rastus

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol: Now I've heard it all, being bagged by Wests supporters about signings. Ah the memories....... Matt Seers $400k M Buettner $300k etc etc :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tigerpete

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chris Walker 300K, Lee Hookey 200K, Willie Peters :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ,now we're even!

RifRaf

Juniors
Slugs said:
RifRaf said:

RifRaf

Why is it that you feel we need all your left overs when we can beat your side now with the team we had in 2003.

Round One Souths 32 Wests-Tigers 22
Round Two Souths 18 Wests -Tigers 16

BTW I know now why you have such a bee in your bonnet with Souths......We never merged :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well why do you keep buying our left overs? Super line up you've got next year you must really be looking forward to it... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't flatter yourself I hate all other teams with equal passion however yourselves (plenty of reasons but started with a certain deal not to play a grand final then YOU turned up and played by yourselves) and the Dogs (88 GF Hanley incident) do come in for special attention.. And BTW I'm quite happy with the Joint Venture now.. We have a good affinty with the Maggies and the future looks very bright.... Unlike yourselves who like the ugly bloke in the group is climbing on the hooker last for slops..... Keep linseed oiling that spoon mate as I said b4 your gonna have it for a while........ PS Why sack Tapp you'll just replace him with another genius like you always do... I predict you'll be lucky to even make the Jim Beam cup by 2005.... Don't say you didn't have your chances..... We made our mistakes in the past but at least we're still not making them.. :lol: :lol: :lol: I feel sorry for you geniuss...

Tigerpete

Juniors
By the way..............who did finish last????????? Souths their called, the pride of the league........LAST!! HA!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now now people lets play nice here shall we, don't tell me Pete and Rif that you don't think about Souths every day, I know I do, everytime I have a shit I think to myself, what I'm about to flush down the toilet is better than what souths will do next year, sad isn't it......NOT! Hey bunnies, Bring on the Wooden Spoon again eh? The pride of the league, who wouldn't be proud of a team that can consistently come last without fail.

They need one more player to make the team perfect, Hoppa. The difference between Souths and Hoppa-Hoppa pulls his finger out! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!,SPOOOOOOOOONS!

Souths next buy could be a few first grade cricketers from Randwick, they probably got the inside mail on a few players like Haddin who are good under the high ball, Waugh, experienced, has good hands-It's a good looking line up, that's if you consider looking at a souths supporter good looking. :lol: :lol:

Tigerpete

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , their a quiet lot in here arnt they???? must happy hour at the local.

geez i almost forgot, Tuesday night at Souths leagues is the meat raffle..........Thats where they all are! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: