Harvey Weinstein

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by saint.nick, Oct 9, 2017.

1. The Charlatan

The Charlatan First Grade

Next thing they'll tell us is Robin Thicke harassed someone...

Not surprised about Louis CK, he is an unashamed deviant by his own admission.

2. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

Everyone "knew" that he was some weird sex freak. The new York times was like hey celebrity scandal stories are selling well let's just do a story on a guy that it's an open secret he is a pervert.

Reading the times story it's fair to say Louis ck is extremely odd and in my opinion he did sexually harass one woman (And that's backed up evidence in the article through witness testimony) but a lot of it seemed to be consensual......just weird. If we are burying guys for being weird that's a worry.

The phone sex story is borderline too. Certainly creepy.

It's such a louis ck thing to be a weird compulsive masturbator. Psa if some extremely strange man says hey I'm gonna flop the old fella out and start wanking he probably isn't joking and is looking for permission.

3. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

Also lol at him making a movie basically about it all. He is such an odd ball. I feel pretty confident his next stand up act will feature a 35 minute bit where he describes in intense detail all this.

Out of all the accused he is probably the one who will keep some semblance of a career going because at worst he can just go back to working as a touring stand up.

4. The Charlatan

He's a hedonistic nihilist.

His attitude to life really is it all amounts to nothing so why not jack off whenever you feel like it as there's plenty of drudgery between wanks.

5. Surely

Surely Moderator Staff Member

I'm probably more of a weirdo than louis , lucky I can live in relative obscurity.

veggiepatch1959 and Smack like this.
  6. The Charlatan

You don't make a career off the back of telling people you like to jack off but Sures.

7. Smack

Smack Bench

8. Surely

No it's just assumed

9. Surely

I can't blame Jeremy , they're nice boobies.

10. The Charlatan

The issue I have now is that this gives any disgruntled actress (or actor,) whom wasn't given their shot to join the train of legitimate accusations and smear people whom have never done anything untoward.

Kind of like how bogus rape accusations cheapen the plight of actual rape victims.

Tommy Smith likes this.
  11. RockWheel

RockWheel Juniors

weird how a comedian who's routine was about being a sex pervert ended up being a sex pervert.

12. The Charlatan

I'm not surprised by it at all. He wore his deviance almost like a badge of honour.

13. RockWheel

RockWheel Juniors

i always assumed he was playing it up for effect, using the performative nature of stand-up to create this sort of exaggerated version of himself. but i guess not huh.

myrrh ken likes this.
  14. Canard

Canard Coach

15. Danish

Danish Referee

He'll continue to work for sure. He's too funny not to.

The statement he released on it all today reads quite sincere and well IMO. Outlines that he asked permission before all acts, but realises the girls may have felt pressure to agree given their position.

Asking a subordinate at work to watch you masturbate is just awful, and he could rightfully be sued for such behaviour. I'm sure he'll be excommunicated from producing his own shows for networks for a long time if not forever based on that alone.

The stuff where he was just with other female comedians, his peers basically, is a little more murky IMO. He asked their permission, they agreed. That on them if they didn't feel right about it afterward.

I mean jesus ugly celebs will basically just have to turn celibate or exclusively to prostitutes at this point if even specifically asking for consent is not enough anymore (attractive celebs don't appear to be having any trouble, obviously)

16. thorson1987

thorson1987 Coach

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41950198

Sepp Blatter: Hope Solo accuses ex-Fifa president of sexual harassment

[​IMG]
    Hope Solo and Sepp Blatter presented an award together in 2013
    US goalkeeper Hope Solo has accused former Fifa president Sepp Blatter of sexual harassment.

The World Cup winner, 36, says the incident happened at the 2013 Ballon d'Or awards, before she went on stage to present an award.

In an interview with Portugal newspaper Expresso, Solo - who has 202 caps - said: "I had Sepp Blatter grab my ass."

Blatter, 81, denied the incident took place, with his spokesman telling BBC Sport: "This allegation is ridiculous."

Solo, when asked why she has not spoken out on the incident before, added: "I was nervous for the presentation. It was the Ballon d'Or I was presenting.

"After that I didn't see him and that was kind of bad. I didn't get to tell him directly "don't ever touch me". That's the way I've always handled things. Directly."

A growing number of public figures have been accused of sexual harassment in recent weeks, sparked by multiple women speaking out against the Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein.

Solo, a two-time Olympic gold medallist, says the issue is "rampant" in women's football.

"I've seen it throughout my entire career," she said. "It's not just in Hollywood.

"For years, in the past, female players date and end up marrying their college coaches, which obviously a coach should not be doing, especially with a young player.

"I've seen it not just with coaches, I've seen it with trainers, doctors, and our press officers. I've seen it among players in the locker room. I don't know why more players don't speak out against it."

Blatter was head of the world football's governing body for 17 years, until a corruption scandal in 2015.

Fifa subsequently banned the Swiss from the sport for eight years, a term later reduced to six years after appeal.

17. Surely

Boo hoo

Codger grabs arse, its a Shakespearian tragedy

veggiepatch1959 likes this.
  18. DC_fan

DC_fan Coach

All men are just sex perverts

19. thorson1987

thorson1987 Coach

20. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade