Harvey Weinstein

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by saint.nick, Oct 9, 2017.

1. bileduct

bileduct Coach

Was he even trying to bang her?

By her own words that was the only comment that supposedly made her feel uncomfortable, and he never bothered her again.

The bullshit meter is way in the red when you have to read that deep into an article to find out what the actual issue is. This is nothing but shameless self promotion, and News Ltd is jumping in on an activist movement for advertising bucks. Nothing more.

2. bileduct

bileduct Coach

3. bileduct

bileduct Coach

4. B-dos

B-dos Referee

5. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

Haha betting on the wring horse there

6. Danish

Danish Referee

It will be interesting to see if any charges are ever proven against Weinstein.

IMO he'll get off of any legal ramifications, but ultimately his career is f**ked anyway. Having said that, all the women who've accused him directly like Thurman are going to be in a spot of bother I reckon as with no career options to speak of Weinstein will have no reason not to try and sue them for slander etc.

I believe he is guilty though. It seems clear that his actions have been a widely known hollywood secret for decades. Hopefully it leads to some change in the industry finally moving forward.

7. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Moderator Staff Member

The issue for Weinstein if he sues is that he's living in a glass house, it's not like some of the people who have made these allegations are without resources. A counter civil suit could follow pretty quickly, and given the potential number of fights he'd have to win, I'd say it'd totally f**k him.

8. Danish

Danish Referee

Yeah if they are smart any of his accusers that get sued should be sure to keep all the cases separate to ensure his legal fees are massive. Wouldn't want to like turn it into a class action or something where he only needs to win once.

I would wager that he has a larger net worth than all of his accusers combined, but fighting a couple dozen lawsuits would still put a strain on him, particularly since he'll have divorce and alimony costs to contend with soon.

9. mave

mave Bench

ACTRESS Natalie Portman is joining the ranks of women who’ve come forward with stories of sexual harassment.

While the Oscar-winning actress said she hasn’t personally experienced any abuse, she did tell Porter magazine that she has been forced to deal with manipulative and harassing producers, reports the New York Post.

One time, a producer even invited her onto his private plane alone.

It was just the two of us, and only one bed was made up. Nothing happened, I was not assaulted,” Portman shared, via the Telegraph in the UK. “I did make a point of saying, ‘This does not make me feel comfortable,’ and that was respected. But that was super not OK, you know? That was really unacceptable and manipulative. I was scared.”

Like many other actresses, Portman felt that certain behaviour from Hollywood bosses was just “part of the process.”

[​IMG]
    Natalie Portman with high profile contemporaries at the Golden Globes. Picture: Joe Scarnici/Getty Images for InStyleSource:Getty Images

“I went from thinking, ‘I don’t have a story’ to ‘Oh, wait, I have 100 stories,’” she recalled, “and I think a lot of people are having these reckonings with themselves.”

This story was originally published in the New York Post and is reprinted with permission.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...e/news-story/9ea405120d45bf45ae6d5fedc1586aaa

I really feel for poor Nat.

Not being personally abused by anyone must be a heavy cross to bear in this #metoo environment in 2018.

AJB1102 and Surely like this.
  10. Surely

Surely Moderator Staff Member

+1

Must feel so lonely

I urge more male Hollywood persons of power to get out there, fondle more, don't let somebody feel left out.

11. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

Interesting that you don't accept that happening to your staff.....

12. Surely

Missing out ?

13. Shorty

Shorty Moderator Staff Member

Was Ansari the comedian one?
    For the first time ever I read that story and didn't actually understand where the chick was coming from.

14. Meth

Meth Referee

Yep.

Basically, he didn't pick up on her non-verbal cues...which, confusingly, included performing oral sex on him.

15. Surely

From Ansari doing a 68

16. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

No. I have 6 kids.

I get plenty.

17. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

Yeah, now dates gone wrong are apparently national interest.

18. Shorty

Shorty Moderator Staff Member

Yes like twice.
    I mean what did she expect going home with him, if it was all 'too fast' then get up and leave or don't go back to his house.

From what I read it seemed like a sexual compatibility issue but little else.

19. mave

mave Bench

Everyone's favourite voice over man is on the hook now.
    Every denial I read from him, I can literally use Morgans voice.

20. Surely

I wonder what Ashley Judd has to say