Harvey Weinstein

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by saint.nick, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Game_Breaker

Game_Breaker First Grade

SureSkank Redemption headline coming up

Surely likes this.
  2. Smack

Smack First Grade

good to see the left eating itself

T-Boon likes this.
  3. gUt

gUt Coach

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-...er-on-sex-assault-charges-reports-say/9798670

Harvey Weinstein: Ex-Hollywood producer to surrender on sex assault charges, reports say

Former Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein is expected to surrender to New York City police today on charges of sexual misconduct, reports say.

Weinstein's spokesman, Juda Engelmayer, and his lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, both declined to comment on the reports, which cited unidentified officials and sources.

The reports said Weinstein was expected to be arrested and charged following a months-long investigation, including by the Manhattan district attorney's office.

More than 70 women have accused the co-founder of the Miramax studio and The Weinstein Co with sexual misconduct including rape, allegations that gave rise to the #MeToo movement in which hundreds of women have publicly accused powerful men in business, government and entertainment.

Weinstein has denied having non-consensual sex with anyone.

Weinstein will be charged over an allegation by at least one accuser, Lucia Evans, a former aspiring actress who told the New Yorker Weinstein forced her to give him oral sex in 2004, the New York Daily News reported.

The New York Police Department and the Manhattan district attorney's office declined to confirm the news reports.

Earlier this month, the estranged wife of Weinstein, designer Georgina Chapman, broke her silence on accusations of sexual misconduct against him, saying they sickened her.

Entertainment industry heavyweights have distanced themselves from Weinstein — once one of Hollywood's most powerful men — since the accusations became public.

The board of the Weinstein Co fired him, the company itself filed for bankruptcy in March and he was expelled in 2017 from the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, which presents the Oscars.

A former fixture in the most elite entertainment circles of Manhattan and Los Angeles, Weinstein has since been seen spending time in Scottsdale, Arizona, where the New York Times said he had been seeking treatment for sex addiction.

London's Metropolitan Police have said they are also investigating an allegation of sexual assault against Weinstein, while prosecutors in Los Angeles said in February they were reviewing three accusations of sexual assault against him.

Mr Brafman said in a May court filing that federal prosecutors in New York had opened a separate criminal investigation into the allegations.

Actor Ashley Judd last month sued Weinstein, saying he cost her a part in 1998 for The Lord of the Rings trilogy after she rejected his sexual advances, charges Weinstein has denied.

Other prominent actors who have publicly accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct include Uma Thurman and Salma Hayek.

Mr Brafman is known for representing high-profile criminal defendants, including pop star Michael Jackson and Martin Shkreli, the former drug company executive.

In 2011, Mr Brafman represented Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former head of the International Monetary Fund, over charges, which were eventually dropped, that he sexually assaulted a New York City hotel maid.

Since 2006, there has been no statute of limitations in New York for rape or aggravated sex abuse in the first degree.

Crimes for which the statute had not expired on June 23, 2006, were included when the law changed, meaning crimes as early as 2001 could still be prosecuted.

"New York, which used to have some of the shortest statute of limitations for rape cases, caught up with the modern world in 2006," former Manhattan prosecutor Marc Scholl said.

"Sex assailants can no longer escape their crimes because victims were afraid to speak."

4. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

Heard about this today.

I don't want to believe it. Like, the last person in the world I'd expect to pull this.

5. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

I remember her talking about how after she did The Professional a radio station started a countdown to her 18th birthday.

That's a bit naff tbh.

6. AJB1102

AJB1102 Juniors

[​IMG]

Mr Spock! likes this.
  7. Danish

Danish Referee

Well reading about the actual accusations it’s all Mad Men style stuff - inappropriate comments etc.

Pretty standard “stuck in the 60s” type stuff

8. T-Boon

T-Boon First Grade

Did you hear what the actual complaint were? It is seriously soft stuff. Inappropriate looking and stuff. He was looking at me with shifty eyes. It sounds like total bitchiness, like maybe they are racist white women or something. There is something sickening to these complaints.

9. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

There was actually a website with a live counter called the Natalie Portman Countdown to legality. I remember laughing at the time but in hindsight it was pretty creepy

10. 2_Smoking_Guns

2_Smoking_Guns First Grade

I have a great deal of difficulty averting my eyes from a nice arse. I think I need to turn myself in before a complaint is made.

11. magpie4ever

magpie4ever First Grade

The problem is you was looking at Smacko's coit - therefore, possible capital punishment in the Islamic countries you support.

Smack likes this.
  12. 2_Smoking_Guns

2_Smoking_Guns First Grade

f**k off stalker.

13. Surely

Surely Moderator Staff Member

It’s still standard stuff

14. Hollywood Jesus

Hollywood Jesus Coach

Interesting book that Weinstein took with him to court...

15. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

In Maryborough, sure. Is the place full of South Africans like Hervey Bay? Their attitudes to most things are barely out of the 60s.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  16. Surely

No f**k all piss cocks in Maryborough

Do you work with many women ?

Some of them are dirty dirty girls

17. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

"Seriously soft" is still taken with utmost seriousness in this day and age. Doesn't matter how innocuous as it is... which is why I keep the sexually suggestive banter to a select group of my female friends who know me pretty well.

18. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

Oh dear

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Smack likes this.
  19. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

Germaine Greer - rape is just bad sex.

Men should get community service.

Stop it you man hating feminist.

20. Surely

A grand jury in Virginia has indicted actress and activist Rose McGowan on one felony count of cocaine possession.

News outlets report a Loudoun County grand jury handed down the indictment on Monday.

Is Hollywood draining the swamp?[/paste:font]Expand
    Charging documents say cocaine was found in a wallet McGowan left behind on a plane last year.

McGowan has maintained the cocaine is not hers, suggesting in court papers that the drugs were planted at the behest of movie producer Harvey Weinstein.

Fox News reported that in court papers filed in February, lawyer Jessica Carmichael said five hours passed between the time McGowan got off the plane and her wallet was found by a cleaning crew.

"There is simply no point in time at which the evidence places Ms McGowan and the cocaine together in the same place," said Ms Carmichael, who suggested Weinstein could have had the drugs planted.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-12/actress-rose-mcgowan-indicted-on-cocaine-charge/9861848

Sure