What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has a player been sacked for being hopeless?

myrrh ken

First Grade
The man himself paul carige seemed to have left parra after that game. Dunno if he was pushed or jumped himself.

Can’t remember seeing The Wolfman again after the 2013 GF when Toops destroyed the lad.

Which is a shame he was a good winger.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
F**k it, it’s been nearly 5 years but it’s worth posting this again..

2i87tb4.png

Saxon

Bench
Not formally sacked, but ...

...twice in his coaching career Chris Anderson was told by club management that a player was not first grade standard and shall not be selected in first grade.
The kicker was that they were both his kids - Ben at Melbourne and Jared at the Sharks.

It's worthy of note that neither ever played first grade anywhere except under their dad.
Ah Opes, nepotism at it's finest.

McLovin

Staff member
I wonder if they get brought into the football managers office for the usual formal warnings prior to being sacked.

Life's Good

Coach
I wonder if they get brought into the football managers office for the usual formal warnings prior to being sacked.
Different circumstances but wasn’t that a gripe from Carney that he never got any warnings or a chance to explain himself?