What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the flame gone out in the BBQ?

sladden road

Juniors
With two reports in the Sun Herald that BBQ and Coach straight teeth Flanno are at loggerheads for a upgrade and extension I put it out the the forum, what would you pay the BBQ?.

Weilder says club has offered $700k and BBQ is holding for $850K. It also says that he is on $550 next year but may call for a release? Is this behind the drop in form ?

He is getting on, but is a proven winner. Id pay him the $850..but for two years only, and as we know this is how we got him form Uncle Nick.

Flame on, all burners.

King Ben

Juniors
His manager just doing his job, and understandably so. Imagine watching Hunt, Reynolds, Moses all sign big-money deals when they haven't even won a premiership. I imagine things will be sorted at the end of the season once the cap is known.

coolumsharkie

Referee
If it was any other player you would want him hooked if you take a look at his error stats. He definitely deserves an upgrade, for all the shit things he does he does something else that is more important. Wins football games.

Rhyno

First Grade
Maloney is unhappy he should be on a million a year

Sharks should let him go and earn what he is worth and just be thankful he single handily won them the premiership last year

Maloney is unhappy he should be on a million a year

Sharks should let him go and earn what he is worth and just be thankful he single handily won them the premiership last year

Shouldn't you be doing your homework?

School tomorrow .

Run along.

Funny how players ask for more money because they have some success at a Club.

What about when they get signed on big money and they don't deliver.

Do they say I've been Shyte I can't take that money anymore. I demand you halve my salary.

Lol.

For those saying give him the 850k that is ridiculous from 550k.

What the Club is offering is more than fair. Just because some Clubs pay some halves stupid money it doesn't mean it's the going rate.

Also if the Sharks are forced to go that high to retain him that will mean we don't sign that one extra First Grade player that we may have been looking at.

Last edited:

snout

First Grade
Whats Beale on?
I have no idea but lm saying 300k ?

Based on that Jim should be getting 4.5 mil.

So just take beales 300 and give it to Jim and tell Beale to either play for nix or go away.

Special K

Coach
The numbers being thrown in this thread around are incorrect. There is an interest in extending the current agreement into a longer agreement once the new cap is known. Doubtful anything happens before then. It'll be sorted. No other Sydney club has the cap space anyway.

I'd be pissed if I signed for 3 years given the money being thrown about this year however we landed him because of the 3rd year. He is just about to hit the half way point of his original deal. Hindsight is a wonderful thing given the money from us and roosters were similar(think our Dugan deal vs what dragons offered). Townsend for example just came close to doubling his pay packet.

Foz

Bench
Jim needs us as much as we need Jim.
Stays with us he becomes a club legend (he's already in the greatest team isn't he?)
Goes to another club and there's no legacy- with possible exception has anyone ever won a comp at 3 different clubs?
Surely there's a job cooking the BBQ if nothing else when he retires.Maybe he's looking at going into the media but that footy show surely can't last forever.
Can it?

Tiger Shark

Bench
He's the one that signed the contract for that amount and that length. He should be mad at himself and his manager. Only has himself to blame.

In saying that he'll get an upgrade and extension.

Inferno

Coach
I doubt he's going to throw his toys out of the cot like Ross and Walker are threatening. Once the cap is known for next year it would be worth talking to him about extending and upgrading. Unless he's willing to extend I wouldn't upgrade him for next year though.

snout

First Grade
He's the one that signed the contract for that amount and that length. He should be mad at himself and his manager. Only has himself to blame.

In saying that he'll get an upgrade and extension.
Good point.

A precedent needs to be set by clubs.

Someone signing a 3 year contract today for whatever dollars then sees wages rise within that time frame threatens to walk or get more bucks.
Club is held to ransom...so if you sign a long term contract need to accept what you agreed to.

Neck step...player managers will write this into long term contracts. Players wage to increase if landscape changes.
Would play havoc with a clubs cap.

Latest posts