What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the flame gone out in the BBQ?

Frenzy.

Immortal
More chance you'll be the warriors 6 before he is again.

Won't be leaving Sydney with 3 young ones.

In fact, reading over old news articles about Jimmy's nomadic NRL life yesterday this was mentioned as a reason why he signed with the Roosters 395 days or something before he could start.

The other thing standing out is that Family comes first and my impression is he'll go where the deal best suits his family.

Also read a supposed quote where he is credited as saying something along the lines of young players getting signed now for as much or more as he is getting.

Didn't keep the links but you all know the google process :)

Omnishark2

Juniors
So Beavis is shopping Jimmy around, what a surprise.
(Apart from the fact it's illegal before 1 Nov unless Sharks have initiated it, given he has a contract for 2018)

Upgrade him to $850k immediately Lyall & nip it in the bud - he clearly deserves at least that given market values this year.

Forget the usual excuses about not renegotiating existing contracts, salary cap not final yet etc - it will either cost us more to get anywhere near the same level of skills/experience/toughness, or we will get an inferior replacement that will weaken our team.

Knights & others may offer $1M - IMO that won't be enough difference after tax for Jimmy to shift his young family.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Crazy not to upgrade him. He's not playing brilliant footy at the moment, but he's a winner and will always be a winner.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Would rather have Maloney than Cronk, any day. Particularly now that Cronk is distracted, has media commitments, and is getting old...

Special K

Coach
In fact, reading over old news articles about Jimmy's nomadic NRL life yesterday this was mentioned as a reason why he signed with the Roosters 395 days or something before he could start.

The other thing standing out is that Family comes first and my impression is he'll go where the deal best suits his family.

Also read a supposed quote where he is credited as saying something along the lines of young players getting signed now for as much or more as he is getting.

Didn't keep the links but you all know the google process :)
Family does come first. Which is why his wife won't let him leave Sydney. I could see him going to the Knights but that is just because it is still in NSW.

Anyway the upgrade will be sorted when the new cap is known. You'd be amazed at the dollar figure he is on. It shocked me.

edit - Knights have offered Cronk a insane deal where he only needs to be there 4 days a week and he'd be the highest paid in the game. They are something like 6 million under the cap for next season.

MilkShark

First Grade
Family does come first. Which is why his wife won't let him leave Sydney. I could see him going to the Knights but that is just because it is still in NSW.

Anyway the upgrade will be sorted when the new cap is known. You'd be amazed at the dollar figure he is on. It shocked me.
Well at the time of him signing the dragons hadn't gone and inflated the market value of all halves by signing Hunt on ridiculous coin.

Special K

Coach
Well at the time of him signing the dragons hadn't gone and inflated the market value of all halves by signing Hunt on ridiculous coin.
Townsend now makes almost double him. They were on similar coin (Maloney more). Put that into perspective

Latest posts