What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hasler to coach in 2018

BrissyRedV

Bench
They were never sacking him. The meeting in the offseason was more of a debrief. They do need some attacking potency though, they are relying on big forwards too much.

Dogs fans are probably like most others. They lost their last 5 games after looking set in the top 4, the reaction in the Kennel is exactly what you'd expect. They say if you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them.
It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Still without a contract for next season and as they say, where there is smoke, there is something, something

getsmarty

Immortal
Now I know why our board went to Melbourne......to hide from the fans for not sacking McWreckor after last years debacle of inept attack. They need to stay down there in Mexico.

I wonder what a certain board member thinks of his endorsement of Mary now in light of the last 21/2 years.Would be nice if the board made a statement after Mary finally goes acknowledging their mistakes.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Whilst the Tele is the worst newspaper in the world it had an article this morning saying Des is getting on much better with the Doggies boardroom post Xmas although with some there is still an issue but the situation is much more amenable.
It also states that Hasler has had no approach from St GI although states if Des is not to stay on at the Dogs then StGI are in the mix to make an offer.
Seems at odds with what others are saying.

jak

Bench
I don't know why it's taken this long. If the club is trying to dig itself out of the debt they're in, do they not realise one of the biggest contributors to cash flow increasing will be a new coach?
Sign a new coach, produce results and more people will come to games, more people will sign up for memberships and more sponsors will be attracted to a successful club.
you should let the club in on this idea.

Gareth67

First Grade
Whilst the Tele is the worst newspaper in the world it had an article this morning saying Des is getting on much better with the Doggies boardroom post Xmas although with some there is still an issue but the situation is much more amenable.
It also states that Hasler has had no approach from St GI although states if Des is not to stay on at the Dogs then StGI are in the mix to make an offer.

With the exception of results of matches , I simply would not believe a word that rag prints . With mother Rothchild , and his pack of dribblers constantly writing absolute muck , it makes one wonder , if they would had been better suited as garbage collectors , instead of sports journalists .

Hasler may very well remain , but should he pack his bags and leave at seasons end , he could end up anywhere. I sincerely hope that we do have a new coach , but I will not be happy until, he is smiling for the cameras , in his Big Red V jersey .

Last edited:

saintmadzippo

First Grade
Noel Cleal has moved back to the country, purchasing a 200 acre farm near Wauchope, according to a story in yesterday's paper. Based on that, I cannot see him returning to the big smoke at the Dragons as Recruitment Manager under Hasler.....doesn't make sense to me.

My source lives in Wachope..

mickeylane

Bench
As far as I can tell there will only b 2 clubs possibly looking for coaches next year
Dragons
Tigers
Bulldogs (possibly)

Every other club will have same coaching set up - so based on that scenario the below top line coaches will be available for hire..
Cleary
Walters
Jason Demetriou
Hasler (possibly)
Sheens
Potter

Old Timer

Coach
As far as I can tell there will only b 2 clubs possibly looking for coaches next year
Dragons
Tigers
Bulldogs (possibly)

Every other club will have same coaching set up - so based on that scenario the below top line coaches will be available for hire..
Cleary
Walters
Jason Demetriou
Hasler (possibly)
Sheens
Potter
If the Warriors don't have a really good year they will be in the market without a doubt.
They are reeling from a poor 2016 and even poorer 9's campaign despite a very good squad.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
If Hadley says that Des is going to Manly for four years Barrett could stay on as Assistant as he is contracted until 2018.
Fulton would be handling the coaching
arrangements so Hadley could be on the mail as they are mates.

Lethal25

Juniors
Dragons
Tigers
Bulldogs (possibly)

Cleary
Walters
Jason Demetriou
Hasler (possibly)
Sheens
Potter
Mickey I don't get the love for Walters. Coached one year of SOO and been assistant at Broncos. That doesn't make a top flight coach IMO

Meninga and Daley coach or coached origin and I wouldn't want either of those two near the Dragons as coach. I get you're only listing guys available but there is a huge gap between top and bottom in that list, they shouldn't be grouped together

There was movement at the station for the word had passed around...

I think it's a case of a leopard can't change their spots over at the dogs.

In the 'one one' .. will Doust slaughter this one as well?

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Des Hasler would not be the right coach for Dragons in my opinion.

Des is from the old school and you guys need a younger more inventive coach to go forward.

Assuming your current coach will not last the 2017 season which seem's inevitable you need someone who has no ties to the club, someone from outside the club and with fresh ideas.

You need to get the right head coach, support staff and be patient.

Yes the process will take a couple of years before things turn around but short term pain long term gain.

Latest posts