What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have any players improved under MacGregor?

Uplifting

Juniors
Head has done just about as much as Hornby/Young did two years ago with the U20s team and similar to Price back when the competition started...why does he have to get so much credit?
Well he gets credit because they were at the bottom of the table after a few rounds. The year prior when Hornby had sole coaching responsibility for them they finished at the bottom end of the table. New enough to play Reece Robson even though he was a bit young for U20s

Forster Dragon

Juniors
I honestly believe that our Coaching Staff have delivered a negative impact on most players at the club.I honestly find it hard to find a player with improvement under the current regime.

Old Timer

Coach
Any team that gave us a flogging player's improved heaps especially all the youngsters that got blooded against us.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
The thing that gets me about Mary is how selfish he is. We are a club proud in history and yet he is showing such a lack of class and dignity by continuing in his role. A dignified person (who professes to loving the club) would say to himself "right, I have given my best but I am not the person to carry us forward...I just don't have the skill set".

And yet poor old Mary is killing his wonderful legacy. Let's not forget that he came form the Illawarra and represented his country. No small achievement that. He just isn't a good coach. That is not a slur on the man; we all aren't good at everything. But after 2.5 years as the coach and having managed the side going backwards this year I would have thought it was time to show just how much he loves the club...and resign. We would all fall into line and thank him for his service and effort and give him a warm send off.

We all know exactly where this is going to end...in tears; and a club legend will leave having been sacked and with his legacy tarnished. All very sad AND very selfish.

_Johnsy

Referee
If you think about, we get a new coach and there is say 10% improvement across the board.

That equals top 8 spot. How sad we're stuck with him for another season.

Mr Red

First Grade
I think the real question is "how many players have improved DESPITE McGregor .."

BrissyRedV

Bench
I don't know what all you guys are talking about? Mary has single handedly improved just about every single opposition player in the comp! His structures and defensive plans have played pretty much every team we have come up against back into form. Super effort from a super coach...

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I don't know what all you guys are talking about? Mary has single handedly improved just about every single opposition player in the comp! His structures and defensive plans have played pretty much every team we have come up against back into form. Super effort from a super coach...

True except fir Cronulla. Don't know what went wrong there.