What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAYDEN WORLD RECORD!

Kasper

Bench
Matt Hayden achieved the world record and got out for 380. Massive effort.
what a champion!
woo go hayden! :D :D :D
woo

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
The Matthew Hayden Appreciation Thread...I like it!
Congrats Hayden! You have just become a legend in Australian Cricket

Raider_69

Post Whore
Hayden was always a legend :D
Top stuff champ!

My fav player is Bicheil but Hayden isnt far behind

Juniors
Yeah great effort by Matty, beating Lara's record...by the way mate you made a typo it was 380 not 80.

Well done Hayds!

But fair dinkum Lara would have to be a bit peeved that his record was broken against such a poor bowling attack.

The record book should read as follows…

M.E Hayden 380*
B. Lara 375

(* scored against Zimbabwe)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Denis'saints'Freak said:
Well done Hayds!

But fair dinkum Lara would have to be a bit peeved that his record was broken against such a poor bowling attack.

The record book should read as follows…

M.E Hayden 380*
B. Lara 375

(* scored against Zimbabwe)

i was just thinking that
Lara score isa far more respectable IMO

mj

Juniors
Hayden's opposition may not have been world beating but Lara scored his against England on a flat track at the end of the series,the only interest was Lara's score and bugger the result.

Anonymous

Juniors
Agree on Lara.

Sobers's would have been the best I reckon-Young batsman, killer bowlers, uncovered wickets.

Congradulations to Matty Hayden though. Super effort.

SHAGMOP

Juniors
Matty Haden is the greatest opening batsman in the world today and it was only a matter of time till he would break some kind of batting record. it might not hve been against the greatest of bowling attacks but in his form that he showed today, not much could have stopped him from registering a big score, not to mention the world's highest test score.

My hat's off to u Matty!

mullet

Juniors
would jhave been better if it were against a better tem not cricket minnow but non the less he has the record

just a little thing i found on a cricket site

Australia's own Mystic Meg, Steve Waugh, speaking in November 2002

"I would not trade Matthew Hayden for anybody else in world cricket. If anyone is going to break Brian Lara's world record Test score of 375, he is the man."

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Congrats to Hayden for a super innings :D

Why should Haydens World Record be down graded just because Brain Lara's record was against tougher oposition? Hayden has faced a far worse bowling attack than what Zimbabwe have just a few months ago against Bangladesh.

Many other batters have faced Zimbabwe and Bangladesh and yet they havn't even come close to the world record score let alone break it!

Hayden's innings was class he never looked like getting out during the whole innings, he broke a world record but even then there are some people who want to place a special mark next to his name just because of the oposition.... to those guys give yourselves a triple and then answer the following questions then

- Langer, Ponting, Martyn, Lehman and Waugh why didn't they have a big score against there names for then?
- Why hasn't any other batter gone past Lara's record against such a poor bowling attack?

Doctor

Bench
mj said:
Hayden's opposition may not have been world beating but Lara scored his against England on a flat track at the end of the series,the only interest was Lara's score and bugger the result.

My argument is that all English grounds are smaller than the WACA Ground in Perth.
That is precisely why not batsman, not even Bradman, had thusfar gone anywhere near the 375 mark on Australian soil. Cowper's 300 odd on the MCG must have been a phenominal performance because the MCG is not small.

But you'll notice that most, if not all of Hayden's 6s were scored down the ground - that is a very long hit, bigger than the MCG in my estimation - and the majority of his fours were similar.

The ground does run quickly, and the bowlers were ordinary at times, but 380 is a manifestation of intense concentration, skill and placement. Most of his shots wouldn't have been cut off on slower outfields anyway, and the fact he provided only two chances in the innings - (the first one was dropped after he had made it into the 300s, the 2nd was a very good catch to dismiss him), says a great deal about what sort of an innings it was.

Full credit to him - even my favourite cricketer Steve Waugh couldn't produce a monumental innings like that.

But finally: Full Credit to Adam Gilchrist. He managed to share the strike, and yet still score a run-a-ball century, and contribute towards a huge total - with little or no credit. A great innings from Gilchrist :D :D

Anonymous

Juniors
Original_Chook said:
mj said:

My argument is that all English grounds are smaller than the WACA Ground in Perth.
That is precisely why not batsman, not even Bradman, had thusfar gone anywhere near the 375 mark on Australian soil. Cowper's 300 odd on the MCG must have been a phenominal performance because the MCG is not small.

But you'll notice that most, if not all of Hayden's 6s were scored down the ground - that is a very long hit, bigger than the MCG in my estimation - and the majority of his fours were similar.

The ground does run quickly, and the bowlers were ordinary at times, but 380 is a manifestation of intense concentration, skill and placement. Most of his shots wouldn't have been cut off on slower outfields anyway, and the fact he provided only two chances in the innings - (the first one was dropped after he had made it into the 300s, the 2nd was a very good catch to dismiss him), says a great deal about what sort of an innings it was.

Full credit to him - even my favourite cricketer Steve Waugh couldn't produce a monumental innings like that.

But finally: Full Credit to Adam Gilchrist. He managed to share the strike, and yet still score a run-a-ball century, and contribute towards a huge total - with little or no credit. A great innings from Gilchrist :D :D

Brian Lara's 375 was scored in the West Indies.

The 9 commentators were going on about Cowpers 307 the other day, apparantly he only hit 10 boundries, or something around that figure.

ozbash

Referee
Dingling said "Matt Hayden achieved the world record and got out for 380. Massive effort.
what a champion! """

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a joke,, even hayden looked embarrest when he "achieved" the heroic feat.

it was no more than a game of backyard cricket and his "record " should count as such.

looks like another boring summer of aussie cricket. :cry:

no doubt hayden will join the long list of cricketing greats,, warne , chappell,chappell and chappell....... :lol: :lol:

Doctor

Bench
looks like another boring summer of aussie cricket

I disagree. This will be the most competitive summer in a few seasons. Australia, without their two strike bowlers (McGrath and Warne) and without their next best (Gillespie and MacGill) facing a heavily-depleted Zimbabwe - yet what happens after that series?

They go to India - some very competitive one-dayers over there, then they launch into four Test matches that promise to be close. India's batting is very good, and finally they have bowlers willing to stand up and take big wickets. Zaheer Khan, Harbijan Singh, etc - they're all young guys ready to provide for competitive cricket.

Australia will be in a lot of trouble if they face India without Gillespie and MacGill - they're already coping with the loss of McGrath and Warne.

Make no mistake - this season will be competitive, particularly the Test Matches - India are in great form, and it will mean Australia will have to be ready for them. This won't be easy - rest assured.

ozbash

Referee
last time you lot had a competitive summer of cricket was the "ump "series a couple of years back when the NZ,ers came over and kicked your arses.

only thing that saved you was darryl (advance aust fair) hair..... :evil:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Top effort Hayden.

Anybody questioning whether it is really worthy of the record should just think about how difficult it is to concentrate at the crease for 10 hours. Then they will find the answer.

Anonymous

Juniors
Original_Chook said:
looks like another boring summer of aussie cricket

I disagree. This will be the most competitive summer in a few seasons. Australia, without their two strike bowlers (McGrath and Warne) and without their next best (Gillespie and MacGill) facing a heavily-depleted Zimbabwe - yet what happens after that series?

They go to India - some very competitive one-dayers over there, then they launch into four Test matches that promise to be close. India's batting is very good, and finally they have bowlers willing to stand up and take big wickets. Zaheer Khan, Harbijan Singh, etc - they're all young guys ready to provide for competitive cricket.

Australia will be in a lot of trouble if they face India without Gillespie and MacGill - they're already coping with the loss of McGrath and Warne.

Make no mistake - this season will be competitive, particularly the Test Matches - India are in great form, and it will mean Australia will have to be ready for them. This won't be easy - rest assured.

The one thing that favours Australia, which I think will provide Australia with a 4 - 0 white wash, is that the Test Matches are being played in Australia. India have known to struggle anywhere bar the Asian countires of India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

They have two real strengths;

1. Their Spin Bowlers - In Australia they are not going to be a great threat.

2. Batting On Low, Slow Tracks - This is also something they are not going to get in OZ.

I think they will be lucky to draw a match let alone win one.